Vengeance 2100 sound balance issue

Permalänk
Medlem

Vengeance 2100 sound balance issue

Hi!

I just bought a Vengeance 2100 and the sound is distributed unevenly which makes it quite painful to listen too. It seems to be more noticeable in stereo mode, as if the left side is proper stereo and the left side is stuck on a surround channel and is not distributing it properly. Is this a common issue? Driver issue? Should I return the product?

Some help would be appreciated.

EDIT: After some careful evaluation the sounds do seem to be distributed evenly however the left side seems to give a faint echoing playback of the sounds which makes it sounds like its unbalanced.

I'm using Windows 8.1 with latest drivers.

Permalänk
Corsair

Hi Jim,
When you say faint echoing the playback of the sound, you don't mean by background or white noise right? Sounds like a delayed feedback to me.

Are you using this software version?

Permalänk
Medlem

Well it seems to be distributing the sound two times on left side. One normal and one very faint that echoes the playback silently, it's more noticeable on some sounds than others. This is the best description I can give. I'm not a audio expert but it feels weird and wrong, as my left ear gets more sound than my right. Maybe it's a issue with stereo mode? It's not noticeable on 7.1. I do also have that white noise but I suppose I can live with that even though it's tad annoying. I also get screeching sound sometimes as if the speakers are blown.

I do hope it's a driver issue, seeing there already is a lot of issues with them judging by the comments on the forum. I used a Logitech G35 before and it have some issues with drivers as well and gave all kinds of weird sound problems.

I have never had to return a product and I hope I wont have to now.

I am using that driver version yes. I also followed the instruction to change the format to DVD quality.

Thanks for the reply.

Permalänk
Corsair

Thanks Jim. What you have described though is very different from what others have reported.

Try to uninstall the Corsair driver and see if that echo would still persist. I hope this issue is not system dependent, it'd be harder to replicate from our side. Have you tried it on a different system? like a laptop?

Also, I would try using the older driver and see if the behavior is the same. Version 2.0.23

Permalänk
Medlem

It seems the issue are driver related as it stopped echoing after I uninstalled them. Of course by not using any driver a whole other issues appears like a much more noticeable screeching sounds.

I must say I'm very disappointed by the quality of the headset, I expected more from Corsair that I always relied on for quality. I use plenty of other products from you guys that I love but this headset was way below my expectations.

Permalänk
Corsair

I agree, the driver is not perfect and a bit dodgy, but if we look at it overall and consider the amount of units we sold on a monthly basis, a huge percentage of the V2000/2100 users find their units flawless and problem-free. Though, we would be in denial if we say that we do not come across complains from time to time in regards to the headset's build quality and driver stability. We are aware of these issues and they are all being logged for tracking purposes. Thus, our efforts to improve our driver will be non-stop, to ensure that you guys get the best possible experience with our headset.

In your case, since your problem is somehow different from the ones that we know about, I'll report it to our validation team and see if they can replicate the issue. It seems that your case suggest that it is more on the driver side, I'd suggest to hang in there till the new version is out. As it will most likely rectify this problem.

Permalänk
Medlem

Thank you for your honesty. I don't doubt you for a second that you will fix all issues overtime. I hope it's sooner rather than later though.

Appreciate the help.

Permalänk
Corsair

Thank you for being considerate on this matter Jim. Rest assured, we are doing our best to get these bugs sorted out as fast as we can.

Permalänk
Medlem

I am having the same problem although deleting the drivers didnt help, do you guys have any tips?

Permalänk
Corsair

Hi Meion,
Could you please describe the issue that you are having in a more specific way? Does it happen on a certain mode? What if you uninstall the Corsair driver and use Windows default driver, do you still experience the same behavior?