Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Define Signature

Define Signature is a modding project which has been created to compete in the LDLC Modding Trophy 2015, where I represent Fractal Design with a mod inside their Define S chassis on an international stage.

LDLC Modding Trophy is currently in it's third year with the previous years being exclusive to France. I have had the great fortune to have been selected to take part in this version of the competition competing against some of the largest names of modding and PC building. This project will be going up against modding projects created by the following people:

• Thomas Scherrer

• Peter Brands

• Tim Warning

• Ronnie Hara

Define Signature is a project inspired by a mix of raw industrial design with a Scandinavian influence. This is where the raw mix of wood and bare aluminium elements come into play with each other. The word "Signature" in the project name draws inspiration from the "S" in "Define S". Since I am representing Fractal Design with their Define S chassis, I wished to keep the overall design features of the outside of the chassis but to put a little twist on it (wrapping side/front window for example), and also to change and innovate the entire inside compartment completely so that I can achieve my design vision.

The inside of the chassis has been totally redone featuring custom hand fabricated panels and plates. These panels have been created so that I could completely change the orientation of the motherboard, GPU and PSU. This also allows the possibility for some interesting water cooling pipe routing which will make this project stand out even more from a regular water cooled set up.

The system specifications are as follows:

Intel Core i7 4790K
Asrock Extreme 9 ATX motherboard
Inno3D GTX980 Ti 6GB iChill x3
Samsung850 Pro 512GB
G-Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (4x4GB)
Fractal Design Edison 750w
Fractal Design Define S mid tower chassis
Water cooling by EKWB

Mods performed:

Fabricated custom motherboard tray
Fabricated custom inside bent panel
Cut away front section of inner chassis frame
Cut out custom window in side panel and front panel
Fabricated custom top panel for motherboard/GPU/PSU IO
Modded front panel IO section to remove all USB/Headphone holes
Sleeved all cables on semi-modular PSU
Made all new cables for PSU (for GPU and SSD)
Painted entire chassis and custom panels
Made custom wooden front panel
Made custom wooden inlay on motherboard tray
Custom water cooling loop

I would like to take the opportunity to thank LDLC for giving me the opportunity to compete, Fractal Design for wishing to have me represent them, and all of the other partners who have taken part in this event and provided the parts for my project.

Please enjoy this gallery!

Kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Besök galleriet här

Permalänk

WOW! Och jag som inte trodde att en dator kunde bli snyggare än ditt förr bygge

Visa signatur

2x Xeon E5 2697 v3 | 64GB | 6700 XT

Permalänk
Medlem

10/10 Really nice!

Permalänk
Medlem

Defenitive a 5 star build. Well executed. Loved the details, such as a plate on the back infront of the cables.

Visa signatur

Chassi Corsair Carbide Air 240 | Moderkort ASRock Z87M Pro 4 | Proccesor Intel Core i7 4770K 3,5GHz | CPU Kylare Corsair H60 v2 | Grafikkort GeForce RTX 2070Super 8GB | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 1866Mhz | SSD Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | Hårddisk WD Green 2TB | Nätaggregat Corsair AX 750w 80+ Gold | Ljudkort ASUS Xonar Phoebus 7.1

Permalänk
Medlem

Holy phuck, det är ju sjukt genomtänkt.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

Starkt är vackert
Vackert är starkt

Permalänk
Medlem

Alltså den fronten kan vara något av det vackraste jag sett...ever! Hur lyckas du?
Behöver inte ens nämna hur många poäng du får

Visa signatur

🖥️ Fractal Design Node 804 • Asrock Fatal1ty X99M Killer • Intel 5820K • Noctua NH-U12S • Corsair Vengeance 16GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 • be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w • 2x Intel 520 120GB • 2x 1TB • 1x 3TB
💻 Microsoft Surface Pro (8GB/128GB)
 iPhone 11 64GB 🎧 SONY WH-1000XM3
🎵📲 SONY NW-ZX300 64GB [Region changed & Mr Walkman custom firmware loaded] + 256GB xtra • Audio Technica ATH-M50X

Permalänk

Is the CPU block the only pump in the PC? And if it is how is the temps?

Awesome build once again, you never stop to amaze me!

Visa signatur

Hej

Permalänk
99:e percentilen

I just love how you literally think outside the box!

Visa signatur

Skrivet med hjälp av Better SweClockers

Permalänk
Medlem

Wow where did you buy the cable?

Visa signatur

Citera för svar!

Permalänk
Medlem

By far the most beautiful build I've seen on Sweclockers. This is the first one which made me say "Name a price and I'll buy it". Even though I probably can't afford such craftmanship it is a 5/5 for sure!

Permalänk
Medlem

Looks really good, the only thing I miss is some kind of cable strap on the back side to keep cables tidy instead of having them hanging loose. We all know that loose cables never stay where the mind wants them to stay. As a Scandinavian design, what kind of wood is that on the front?

Visa signatur

Citera mig gärna så jag hittar tillbaka :-)

| CPU: I5 4670K | MB: Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 | RAM: Corsair 16GB VengeanceLP | GPU: Sapphire Rx570 mini med påmoddad Noctua NF-A12 | PSU: Corsair RM550x | Cpukylare: Noctua NH-L12 | Chassifläkt: Noctua NF-S12B | Chassi: Fractal Design Node 605 | SSD: Kingspec SSD M.2 256GB

Permalänk

Awesome 10/10!

Permalänk
Medlem

Det mest stilrena bygget jag sett.
Grattis 10 poäng från mig👍

Visa signatur

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B660-F CPU: Core i7 13700K GPU: Zotac GeForce RTX 4080 Trinity OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB 6000mhz SSD: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB, Force MP510 960GB, 850 EVO 500GB X2 Case: Meshify 2 Compact TG PSU: Cooler Master V850 Gold Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240

Permalänk
Medlem

Riktigt snyggt!

Hur ventileras värmen från radiatorn ut ur chassit?

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Rasse12345:

WOW! Och jag som inte trodde att en dator kunde bli snyggare än ditt förr bygge

Thank you for the nice comment I personally don't like the Define series of chassis, so this casemod has been one of my biggest challenges

Skrivet av jmeistr:

10/10 Really nice!

Thank you for the vote and comment man

Skrivet av MurrGutt:

Defenitive a 5 star build. Well executed. Loved the details, such as a plate on the back infront of the cables.

Thank you mate The plate is something that I have not seen before so I thought I would try it. I personally would not have made it if I could have made perfect length cables from the PSU, but since it is non modular it made the cable management very hard.. So the plate came in handy

Skrivet av Natrude:

Holy phuck, det är ju sjukt genomtänkt.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Hehe, thank you

Skrivet av Adam West:

Alltså den fronten kan vara något av det vackraste jag sett...ever! Hur lyckas du?
Behöver inte ens nämna hur många poäng du får

Thank you for the score and comment! I made the front with a lot of caution and swearing, and a little cutting and filing too

Skrivet av Milansson:

Is the CPU block the only pump in the PC? And if it is how is the temps?

Awesome build once again, you never stop to amaze me!

I have not really tested it since I got the air bubbles out of the loop.. I had to send it straight to France after it was complete so that it can be judged.

Thank you sir!I really enjoyed this layout as it turned out simpler than I had expected.

Skrivet av iben301:

Wow where did you buy the cable?

Which cable? If you mean the PSU cables, I sleeved them myself. If you mean the actual sleeving, I cannot remember as I have had stock of the black and carbon for years now..

Skrivet av mrmatte3:

By far the most beautiful build I've seen on Sweclockers. This is the first one which made me say "Name a price and I'll buy it". Even though I probably can't afford such craftmanship it is a 5/5 for sure!

Cheers Matte for the awesome comment and rating!

Skrivet av FlashTec:

Looks really good, the only thing I miss is some kind of cable strap on the back side to keep cables tidy instead of having them hanging loose. We all know that loose cables never stay where the mind wants them to stay. As a Scandinavian design, what kind of wood is that on the front?

I had considered using "fästkuddar to hold the cables in place but after I installed some, they made the cables stick out too much from the motherboard plate and it was very difficult to install the brushed aluminium dress panel over them. So I left the cables as they were.. They don't move when the brushed panel is installed so I didn't think it was an issue

Oak is used for the front panel.

Thank you all so much for the nice comments and rates. Please stay tuned as I will post the build log for this project soon, and be starting a new project using a Corsair 600C, Z170 ASUS VIII Formula and SLI GTX980 Ti Strix plus much more

Kind regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av xavipro11:

Awesome 10/10!

Thank you!

Skrivet av Steffo792000:

Det mest stilrena bygget jag sett.
Grattis 10 poäng från mig👍

Cheers mate

Skrivet av Thiras:

Riktigt snyggt!

Hur ventileras värmen från radiatorn ut ur chassit?

Thank you too! Heat rises and will seep through the gaps in the top panel and the moduvents

/J

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Thank you for the nice comment I personally don't like the Define series of chassis, so this casemod has been one of my biggest challenges

Thank you for the vote and comment man

Thank you mate The plate is something that I have not seen before so I thought I would try it. I personally would not have made it if I could have made perfect length cables from the PSU, but since it is non modular it made the cable management very hard.. So the plate came in handy

Hehe, thank you

Thank you for the score and comment! I made the front with a lot of caution and swearing, and a little cutting and filing too

I have not really tested it since I got the air bubbles out of the loop.. I had to send it straight to France after it was complete so that it can be judged.

Thank you sir!I really enjoyed this layout as it turned out simpler than I had expected.

Which cable? If you mean the PSU cables, I sleeved them myself. If you mean the actual sleeving, I cannot remember as I have had stock of the black and carbon for years now..

Cheers Matte for the awesome comment and rating!

I had considered using "fästkuddar to hold the cables in place but after I installed some, they made the cables stick out too much from the motherboard plate and it was very difficult to install the brushed aluminium dress panel over them. So I left the cables as they were.. They don't move when the brushed panel is installed so I didn't think it was an issue

Oak is used for the front panel.

Thank you all so much for the nice comments and rates. Please stay tuned as I will post the build log for this project soon, and be starting a new project using a Corsair 600C, Z170 ASUS VIII Formula and SLI GTX980 Ti Strix plus much more

Kind regards,
Justin

I get a feeling you misunderstood me a bit now. I meant on the outside of the case

Visa signatur

| CPU: I5 4670K | MB: Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 | RAM: Corsair 16GB VengeanceLP | GPU: Sapphire Rx570 mini med påmoddad Noctua NF-A12 | PSU: Corsair RM550x | Cpukylare: Noctua NH-L12 | Chassifläkt: Noctua NF-S12B | Chassi: Fractal Design Node 605 | SSD: Kingspec SSD M.2 256GB

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av FlashTec:

I get a feeling you misunderstood me a bit now. I meant on the outside of the case

Ahh, I see. Not a bad idea

/J

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Ahh, I see. Not a bad idea

/J

I guess it could be a piece of velcro or something, you often see them used inside cases so why not put one on the outside. Simple yet effective

Will there be some kind of buildthread for the case?

Did you bend the plexi yourself or do you got a good guide for it?

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Ett av dem mest originella och snyggaste byggena jag sett.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av FlashTec:

I guess it could be a piece of velcro or something, you often see them used inside cases so why not put one on the outside. Simple yet effective

Will there be some kind of buildthread for the case?

Did you bend the plexi yourself or do you got a good guide for it?

I will be uploading a build log for this project very soon. The only thing I can for now is link the site where my blog is located, as I am not allowed to post a build log yet on other sites. http://blog.moddingtrophy.com/tag/justin-ohlsen/

Skrivet av nmo:

Ett av dem mest originella och snyggaste byggena jag sett.

Thank you sir!!

/J

Permalänk
Medlem

Really nice but do you only vent exhaust air thru the powerfully?? Other than that sick build!!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Fluff3:

Really nice but do you only vent exhaust air thru the powerfully?? Other than that sick build!!

Thank you man! The PSU will exhaust a bulk of the hot air from the radiator. The custom top panel made from aluminium is not closed, so air will also escape via this section as well, so I am relying on the rules of convection to remove the heat (hot air rises).

Temperatures are very promising, with the loop getting no hotter than 60c under load, and this is considering that the pump is the one in the AIO solution made by Fractal Design (S36 Kelvin).

I hope this answers your question!

/J

Permalänk

Am I missing something or is the reservoir completely useless in this build? It looks like you need to fill it 100% before you start getting fluid into the rest of the loop.

Permalänk
Medlem

Ännu ett sponsrat bygge.

Visa signatur

| ASUS ROG Crosshari VIII Dark Hero | AMD Ryzen 5950X | Noctua D15 Chromax | G.Skill TridentZ Royal Gold 32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14 | Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GamingPro OC | 2x WD SN850 1TB @RAID 0 + 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB @RAID 0 | Corsair HX 1000W | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | LG 34'' 34GN850 |

Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 II + Advance Paris X-P500 + Advance Paris X-A160
Klipsch R-115SW
Sennheiser HD650

Permalänk
Skrivet av GarfieldPower:

Ännu ett sponsrat bygge.

Ja visst är det härligt! 10/10!

Visa signatur

i3 6100 | B150M-A REV. 3.1 | Corsair DDR4 8 GB | Crucial MX200 250GB + 2TB WD Green | Corsair CX430-M | Silverstone Milo ML04 | Windows 10 Pro

Ät mer lök.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av El_Svanto:

Ja visst är det härligt! 10/10!

Inte direkt.

Visa signatur

| ASUS ROG Crosshari VIII Dark Hero | AMD Ryzen 5950X | Noctua D15 Chromax | G.Skill TridentZ Royal Gold 32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14 | Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GamingPro OC | 2x WD SN850 1TB @RAID 0 + 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB @RAID 0 | Corsair HX 1000W | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | LG 34'' 34GN850 |

Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 II + Advance Paris X-P500 + Advance Paris X-A160
Klipsch R-115SW
Sennheiser HD650

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av LazerBrain:

Am I missing something or is the reservoir completely useless in this build? It looks like you need to fill it 100% before you start getting fluid into the rest of the loop.

Nope. There is an acrylic tube in the reservoir that acts as a straw and sucks up water. You need to have the res filled 75% so that this straw will work.

Ännu ett sponsrat bygge.

Seems that you just post on my projects as you do not approve of my hobby?

I take my time with each project, and each project is unique in it's way. I don't see your point.

/J

Permalänk
Proffsmobbare

Ännu ett sponsrat bygge.

Företagen får exponering, byggaren får hjälp med delar och användarna får något annat än "min första datorhörna" att kolla på i galleriet. Visst är det förfärligt?

Tl:Dr; Buhu.

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Nope. There is an acrylic tube in the reservoir that acts as a straw and sucks up water. You need to have the res filled 75% so that this straw will work.

[...]

/J

It wont "suck" until you have water in the loop from the res to the pump, which seems a bit cumbersome to get.

Still, is a beautiful build! I wish I had the modding knowhow to do something similar