Short burst of buzzing noise from AX1200i

Permalänk
Medlem

Short burst of buzzing noise from AX1200i

My brand new AX1200i is making a very annoying buzzing noise. The noise lasts less than a second and occurs every few seconds (sometimes in very quick succession).

The noise used to be regular, when I first noticed it I actually clocked the noise to once every 10-11 seconds, which made me suspect an air bubble in the waterloop at first. Now it's irregular and every 2-15 serconds once it starts. I know for sure that it's coming from the PSU.

It doesn't matter what the PC is doing in terms of load or other activity, the noise pattern (if it can still be called a pattern) remains the same.

I also know that it's not the fan being broken as it doesn't spin when the machine is idle... and it doesn't make any special noise when setting it at manual RPMs via Corsair link.

Visa signatur

Om någon hittar mitt gamla användarkonto skicka det med postpaket, tack!

Permalänk
Medlem

Small update. I tried the self-test button and all I got was a mechanical-sounding click. No light or anything. That can't be good? Never tried the self-test button before, not used to having one so I never thought about it.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

When you do the self test, did you make sure that no cables are attached to the PSU? Also, you will need to hold the self test button while running the test.

Regarding the buzzing noise, it seems that it is consistent during seconds of intervals. Just to be sure that the noise is not system dependent and indeed within the PSU.. try this and see if it will make a difference, http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=85166. Its worth the try.

Permalänk
Medlem

No I thought the cables could be attached. I believe that the instructions says that you can run a self test even before you've connected your system, which implies that you can also run it after you've connected your system

I will run try to run some tests with power management and different loads as soon as I've got enough free time.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

Alright, keep me posted on your findings..