Permalänk
Medlem

Dumped Telia openfibre

Bahnhof warned me that if I connected to them through telia openfibre then I would have to pay more starting August.

If however I moved my fibre over to their switch, then I could get a 1gig connection for 299 SEK for a two year commitment.

No brainer!

So, I pulled the trigger and three weeks later the fiber move was made.

I then requested ipv6 and after a little back and forth, now it works!

Ipv6 DHCP-PD with a /56 allocation.

Works like a charm!

Permalänk
Medlem

Gött då va.

Visa signatur

R7 5800X3D | MSI X470 GAMING PLUS | 32GB 3200MHz CL16 | Powercolor Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB Red Dragon | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | Kingston A2000 1TB | 2x 3TB HDD | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650W Gold

Permalänk
Medlem

Im with Bahnhof through Telia's Öppen fiber. What were the extra costs to switch to their switch?
This might be a good solution for me as well

/M

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Slapinator:

Im with Bahnhof through Telia's Öppen fiber. What were the extra costs to switch to their switch?
This might be a good solution for me as well

/M

Startavgift 495 kr. Well worth it.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av vildkatt:

Startavgift 495 kr. Well worth it.

Did you have any issues connecting their equipment at home to the fibre? I plan to do the same now on Friday.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av matsolaw:

Did you have any issues connecting their equipment at home to the fibre? I plan to do the same now on Friday.

They sent me a new fibre converter, but I just used the old converter I had with Telia. No problem. Easier and cleaner to use the old converter. I was afraid there were vlans on the telia equipment that would be a problem, but no such thing.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av vildkatt:

They sent me a new fibre converter, but I just used the old converter I had with Telia. No problem. Easier and cleaner to use the old converter. I was afraid there were vlans on the telia equipment that would be a problem, but no such thing.

Then I will see if I try to start with continuing use Telia converter so I don't need to change anything. Unsure if that will work with 10Gb without Huawei router but that will get sorted out.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av vildkatt:

Bahnhof warned me that if I connected to them through telia openfibre then I would have to pay more starting August.

If however I moved my fibre over to their switch, then I could get a 1gig connection for 299 SEK for a two year commitment.

No brainer!

So, I pulled the trigger and three weeks later the fiber move was made.

I then requested ipv6 and after a little back and forth, now it works!

Ipv6 DHCP-PD with a /56 allocation.

Works like a charm!

That's a sweet deal!

Actually I can recommend extending your subscriptions at blackfriday. Last one they offered half of their normal price if you sign up for 12 months.

Visa signatur

Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB 3600MHz CL16, SN850 500GB SN750 2TB, B550 ROG, 3090 24 GB
Har haft dessa GPUer: Tseng ET6000, Matrox M3D, 3DFX Voodoo 1-3, nVidia Riva 128, TNT, TNT2, Geforce 256 SDR+DDR, Geforce 2mx, 3, GT 8600m, GTX460 SLI, GTX580, GTX670 SLI, 1080 ti, 2080 ti, 3090 AMD Radeon 9200, 4850 CF, 6950@70, 6870 CF, 7850 CF, R9 390, R9 Nano, Vega 64, RX 6800 XT
Lista beg. priser GPUer ESD for dummies

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Herr Kantarell:

That's a sweet deal!

Actually I can recommend extending your subscriptions at blackfriday. Last one they offered half of their normal price if you sign up for 12 months.

They price matched Telias campaign, but to make back the loss they also matched Telias price after the 12 months, which is about 200kr more than the original price of 500/500 at Bahnhof…

/M

Permalänk
Medlem

Is there a form on Bahnhofs webpage or did you mail / call them?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Mindboggle:

Is there a form on Bahnhofs webpage or did you mail / call them?

They emailed me. But you can go to their page, but I recommend calling to make sure it gets done right. It wasn't easy make the transition via their page.

Permalänk
Medlem

Copy from another thread to summarize my thoughts on the switch.

Pluses with being connected to the Bahnhof switch.

1. Cost...cheaper 299 SEK
2. Faster....1 gig for less than before and WAY than Bahnhof via Telia
3. Quicker...would think less latency because I don't have to transverse the Telia switches (NNI)
4. dual stack (ipv4 and ipv6)
5. Less outages (less complicated connection) No NNI (network network interconnect).
6. Easier troubleshooting from Bahnhof because connected to their equipment. (haven't need this though).