3080 strix oc eller suprim x?

Permalänk
Medlem

Fått upp mitt i 2150 med fanspeed på 100%, droppar dock ner mot 2100 i 3dmark timespy. I spel ligger det runt 2150 för det mesta och kraschar aldrig Stock volt, endast höjd powerlimit.

Visa signatur

Ryzen 7 5800x3d - Gigabyte AORUS x570 PRO - 32gb 3200mhz CL15 - Fractal Design Lumen s24 - ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX - Fractal Design North
Topping DX3 Pro Plus - Hifiman Edition XS - Sennheiser HD650

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av PeoplesMC:

Kan ju ta ett MSI trio och slänga på Suprim X Bios och det kan prestera likvärdigt.

Not really, VRM is stripped down comparing to Suprim.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av BlackPH:

Not really, VRM is stripped down comparing to Suprim.

Sure but theres still trio cards that outperforms suprim if its a better chip, same as there are Suprim chips that outperforms FTW3 ultras, and that has 3 more powerphases* than suprim.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av PeoplesMC:

Sure but theres still trio cards that outperforms suprim if its a better chip, same as there are Suprim chips that outperforms FTW3 ultras, and that has 3 more powerphases* than suprim.

Sorry but things are not they used to be 20 years ago. All companies do binning nowadays and the best chips go to higher tier. Plus, even if you somehow get this “golden” chip on a cheaper tier - how do you feed it without proper VRM? Or it is going to be so “golden” that you will manage to do 2150+ MHz on 370 Watt ?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av BlackPH:

Sorry but things are not they used to be 20 years ago. All companies do binning nowadays and the best chips go to higher tier. Plus, even if you somehow get this “golden” chip on a cheaper tier - how do you feed it without proper VRM? Or it is going to be so “golden” that you will manage to do 2150+ MHz on 370 Watt ?

Thats not what I said at all, hence the example I put out with trio, 3pin card, 350w bios, put a suprim or strix bios on it you can raise that limit to 420 or 450 and get around the low powerlimit. There's plenty of threads around the net where people with Trio or even a shuntmodded ventus have hit 2200 (overclock.net 3080 owners thread for example, if you wanna dig through the 160 pages since launch^^) I think the cards within nvidias specs can do alot , and sure, the same "golden" chip that sits in a trio could probably do more if it was plugged in a suprim pcb , especially in extreme overclocking.

The point i was trying to make is; yea you could buy an strix and it can have the flashy components, but just cause someone hit 2200mhz with that same model, does not mean that every card will, some probably wont even hit 2050. Alot of people do shuntmod even the 2pin cards and hit 520w, and get good benching results with that as well.

Permalänk
Medlem

Har för mig ASUS skrev någonstans att Strix OC är binnade vilket borde betyda att Suprim X också är det mao är nog båda lika bra. Testat två 3080 Gaming X Trio samt ett TUF OC och inget av dem går över 2000MHz när det blivit uppvärmt (har sett mitt hoppa upp till 2075 i början av bench när det är kallt men går alltid ner).

Visa signatur

Stationär: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WIFI | G.Skill 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30 Trident Z5 Neo RGB | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 & Intel 660P 1TB M.2 | Corsair RM850x v2 White Series | Phanteks P500A D-RGB | Acer X34GS | Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent | Razer Deathadder v.2 | Logitech PRO X 7.1
Laptop: AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS | 16GB 4800MHz DDR5 | RTX 3060 140W | 15,6" 144Hz FHD IPS 16:9

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Mocka:

Har för mig ASUS skrev någonstans att Strix OC är binnade vilket borde betyda att Suprim X också är det mao är nog båda lika bra. Testat två 3080 Gaming X Trio samt ett TUF OC och inget av dem går över 2000MHz när det blivit uppvärmt (har sett mitt hoppa upp till 2075 i början av bench när det är kallt men går alltid ner).

Ja de stämmer nog, har du testat och köra nått annat bios på triot?

350w på original bioset tvekar ja på att de tillåter över 2000 särskilt länge, t.om TUF har högre PL än de även fast de bara har 2 pin.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av PeoplesMC:

Thats not what I said at all, hence the example I put out with trio, 3pin card, 350w bios, put a suprim or strix bios on it you can raise that limit to 420 or 450 and get around the low powerlimit. There's plenty of threads around the net where people with Trio or even a shuntmodded ventus have hit 2200 (overclock.net 3080 owners thread for example, if you wanna dig through the 160 pages since launch^^) I think the cards within nvidias specs can do alot , and sure, the same "golden" chip that sits in a trio could probably do more if it was plugged in a suprim pcb , especially in extreme overclocking.

The point i was trying to make is; yea you could buy an strix and it can have the flashy components, but just cause someone hit 2200mhz with that same model, does not mean that every card will, some probably wont even hit 2050. Alot of people do shuntmod even the 2pin cards and hit 520w, and get good benching results with that as well.

I agree with 2 comments
1) lack of power phases on “non-native 400 W” cards will impact stability on higher clocks and makes overall power limit increase unsafe
2) Binning. This one you somehow ignored:) I miss the times when vendors did not do binning and it was a real “silicon lottery” not fake one as of now. Check Gamers Nexus channel if you want to see it yourself. They often do factory tours and AFAIR it was MSI when they showed that every single chip got tested for over clocking potential and based on that it goes to be used in different SKUs. Of course sometimes they have a lot more good chips so they are forced to use it on lower SKUs. But it is nowhere near as it was long time ago (I’m old enough ) when every Celeron 300 MHz was doing 450 MHz. These times gone forever. Chipmakers squeeze almost everything from silicone nowadays.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av PeoplesMC:

Ja de stämmer nog, har du testat och köra nått annat bios på triot?

350w på original bioset tvekar ja på att de tillåter över 2000 särskilt länge, t.om TUF har högre PL än de även fast de bara har 2 pin.

Dels inte orkat, dels inte vågat. Hört att man kan slänga in BIOS från andra märken, ska finnas en 400W BIOS därute men skulle var bra jobbigt om något går fel och kortet brickas. Har du gjort det?

Den extra tre pin på Trio gör lika lite som den gjorde på 2080Ti Trio MSI är rätt löjliga med den saken.

Visa signatur

Stationär: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WIFI | G.Skill 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30 Trident Z5 Neo RGB | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC | BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 & Intel 660P 1TB M.2 | Corsair RM850x v2 White Series | Phanteks P500A D-RGB | Acer X34GS | Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent | Razer Deathadder v.2 | Logitech PRO X 7.1
Laptop: AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS | 16GB 4800MHz DDR5 | RTX 3060 140W | 15,6" 144Hz FHD IPS 16:9

Permalänk

Ingen som har tips på hur fasen man använder stativet som följer med Suprim X när man har ett Lian-li oc-o11 dynamic och därmed hela botten full med fläktar? haha...

Visa signatur

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen Sock 1155 -- Inte Core I7 2700K@4.5Ghz -- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ -- Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance 1.5V Low Blue -- SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB -- Microsoft Windows 7 -- Foldar med cirka 180k PPD (körs ej 24/7)