Dynavoice Magic F-5 EX v.3 & Sony STR-DH190 or bookshelf speakers with built in bluetooth/receiver for music & movies

Permalänk

Dynavoice Magic F-5 EX v.3 & Sony STR-DH190 or bookshelf speakers with built in bluetooth/receiver for music & movies

Looking for some help, this is my first time buying some speakers for my TV.

I don't want to spend so much, I just want something better than the TV speakers. (~3000kr max)

I found a few good looking speakers for low prices, can you guys guide me on which to get or maybe something else?

I found these Dynavoice Magic f-5 floor speakers. Do you think these are better than the Dynavoice Magic S-4 EX v3?

I'd rather go with bookshelf if those are just as good.

For a receiver I found the Sony STR-DH190 for quite cheap. I see it can do bluetooth & seems to be good from reviews. Would this be something that can power the speakers?

Finally, would I be better off just getting a bookshelf speaker with built in bluetooth and receiver? Something like Audio Pro Addon T14 black, or the Edifier R2730DB or similar?

Thanks!

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av LeatherPatch:

Looking for some help, this is my first time buying some speakers for my TV.

I don't want to spend so much, I just want something better than the TV speakers. (~3000kr max)

I found a few good looking speakers for low prices, can you guys guide me on which to get or maybe something else?

I found these Dynavoice Magic f-5 floor speakers. Do you think these are better than the Dynavoice Magic S-4 EX v3?

I'd rather go with bookshelf if those are just as good.

For a receiver I found the Sony STR-DH190 for quite cheap. I see it can do bluetooth & seems to be good from reviews. Would this be something that can power the speakers?

Finally, would I be better off just getting a bookshelf speaker with built in bluetooth and receiver? Something like Audio Pro Addon T14 black, or the Edifier R2730DB or similar?

Thanks!

For the best possible sound you should go for the floor speaker with the Sony receiver. Dynavoice bookshelf speaker will lack bass and the same goes for the a tube speaker from audio pro and edifier.

So if you have the space for it go with the Sony receiver and Dynavoice Magic F-5

Permalänk

@Kelzzor: Thank you!

I wonder is there a way to adjust the bass on the speakers that you may know?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av LeatherPatch:

@Kelzzor: Thank you!

I wonder is there a way to adjust the bass on the speakers that you may know?

The speakers mig have some bass control but the speaker will still lack deep bass because of its physical limits they sound ok and much better than TVs built in speakers.

If you want to go for the smaller audio pro you could always add a subwoofer to get more bass.

Permalänk
Medlem

The F-5s will give you a more full bodied sound but not nercessarily better in terms of resolutions and such. They are, though, from the same series, so they should sound similar, apart from the F-5s extending more in the bass.
I have an earlier version of the S-4s in the kitchen and I think they are really nice speakers if you have the right expectations.
They do have bass but if you play loud or have to fill a large room they will lack in the bass.

One advantage the S-4s have over the F-5s is that the the bass reflex port is facing the front of the speaker instead of the back, which makes it less sensitive to placement. So the S-4s is possible to put closer to a wall, for example, while the F-5s probably want at least 50cm free space from the wall.

From a sound perspective it boils down to what you want from the speaker. If you want to watch movies with lots of grunt in the bass the F-5s might be a better choice, but they don't go extremely low and still have a limited cone area so you might end up buying a sub woofer anyway, if that's the use you intend.
If you, as you put it, only want something that's better than the built in speakers you can buy pretty much anything. But I would opt for monitors/bookshelf speakers with the ports facing front.

Regarding receiver vs active speakers you will get a more flexible solution with a receiver that is easier to upgrade/extend in the future but active speakers might be an easier and neater solution. With something like the T14 that have sub out you can still get a sub woofer later on, if you wish.

I would take care, though, that it's possible to use either HDMI or optical out from the TV and not use the headphones output. The headphone output on many TV's are not all that good.
So speakers or a receiver with those inputs would be preferable, IMO. (Given your TV have those outputs, off course).