Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

I have a couple more for you in a couple of minutes

World domination? Yes please!

MetallicAcid

Mmm, pictures. Can't wait!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

i am trying another approach here with the reservoir. I am thinking of making a custom res which will sit in the 5.25" bays, attached to the front plate.

I am liking this idea more than the double tube reservoir solution I had before. What are your thoughts?
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Update

i am trying another approach here with the reservoir. I am thinking of making a custom res which will sit in the 5.25" bays, attached to the front plate.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ0713...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ0714...

I am liking this idea more than the double tube reservoir solution I had before. What are your thoughts?
MetallicAcid

I like it, more so in the inner department than the outer. It looks far too bland on the outside... How about incorporating your earlier line design with this one?

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Mars SSX:

I like it, more so in the inner department than the outer. It looks far too bland on the outside... How about incorporating your earlier line design with this one?

Thanks for the input again Mars! I do want to keep the outside simple, but I do agree that something more has to be done to it I will posting up a couple of renders in a couple of minutes

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Hey everybody! I have two more renders for your viewing pleasure. Let me know what you think.

Different lines on the front plate looking into the res.

PSU and exhaust fan shroud.

In other progress, I have made the PSU backplate and the IO backplate into just one plate, instead of the stock two. I think this will clean up the backside a little bit. I have also started working on how to plumb the GPU pipes on the backside to the bottom compartment. I don't know when I can get some renders op of those, but it shouldn't be too much of a wait!

Thanks for reading,
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Hello there ^^

I have not had so much time to work on rendering or designing as of late. Silly me went and signed up for night time classes twice a week for the next 3 months, and work is getting a little crazy... BUT, I am still dedicated to this project, and actively thinking about new design ideas to make this build one of the most original TJ07, wait, mod which has been done! I have promised epicness, and this is what you and I will receive!

Here I am playing with the rad cover designs. which one looks best?

Thanks for any and all input
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

I'd say either first, third or last one.
I don't quite like the horizontal one for some reason.. I just can't put my finger on it.

Btw, are you planning to "hide" the reservoir? I think It'd look very nice if showing them through a window.

Visa signatur

14700k @ Stock . 32GB @ 4000MHz . 3070 @ +100/+800MHz
240+360 rad custom loop

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av stylarn:

I'd say either first, third or last one.
I don't quite like the horizontal one for some reason.. I just can't put my finger on it.

Btw, are you planning to "hide" the reservoir? I think It'd look very nice if showing them through a window.

Cheers for your input mate I do like the second one, but I do agree with you, it has something which I cannot put my finger on which makes me choose a different design. I am leaning most towards doing the 4th design.

As for the reservoir, I am planning to have it hidden in where the 5.25" bays are. I am playing with the idea to have a little window of sorts showing in through the side of the 5.25" bay where you can see the back of the reservoir. I'll have some renders up when I get the free time to play with the concept

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Hey guys, due to popular demand, I would like to present to you:

Something that might work? I am still fairly attached to the open fan solution though
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Update

Hey guys, due to popular demand, I would like to present to you:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ0720...

Something that might work? I am still fairly attached to the open fan solution though
MetallicAcid

That looks really good! Have you thought about if you want to use some kind of dust filter? In that case this design would be good I think, if not I would go with the open design!

Visa signatur

Bygglogg | Alumex HTPC Ta en titt och glöm inte att kommentera! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Corsair Dominator 16GB 2133Mhz - Corsair H100 - Intel i7 3930K - Asus Radeon 7950 OC - Samsung SSD 250gb

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Spille:

That looks really good! Have you thought about if you want to use some kind of dust filter? In that case this design would be good I think, if not I would go with the open design!

Thanks Spille! I would just like to point out that these designs are not the door designs, but rather just a shroud infront of the rads. The door will go over this shroud and cover the internal components like normal. I am planning of taking a magneted dust filter and sticking it to the inside of the door on the mesh

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Thanks Spille! I would just like to point out that these designs are not the door designs, but rather just a shroud infront of the rads. The door will go over this shroud and cover the internal components like normal. I am planning of taking a magneted dust filter and sticking it to the inside of the door on the mesh

MetallicAcid

Ah okey! Then I definitely vote for the open design!

Visa signatur

Corsair Obsidian 650D - Corsair Dominator 16GB 2133Mhz - Corsair H100 - Intel i7 3930K - Asus Radeon 7950 OC - Samsung SSD 250gb

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Spille:

Ah okey! Then I definitely vote for the open design!

Great!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

I had a little free time last night, so I started working in alternate design ideas for the front plate which sits in front of the reservoir. What do you guys think?

And since the last update, I am playing with the idea of having plexiglass blocks with red backplates. I like what I see so far!

As always, I am open for questions and feedback
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Hey guys! I would like to present to you, some alternate colour schemes for my upcoming TJ07 mod. So, in usual fashion, please let me know what you think is the best/most original colour to build out my PC with!

Thanks for looking
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Personally I like the first or last one the best.
The last one is a little "mainstream" though, so if you want something Unique I'd go for either the purple or the pink one.

Visa signatur

240+360 rad custom loop

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av stylarn:

Personally I like the first or last one the best.
The last one is a little "mainstream" though, so if you want something Unique I'd go for either the purple or the pink one.

Thanks for the tip mate! I am mostly looking at the orange, purple or the gold colours right now. I suppose it just depends on the motherboard that I pick up for this build.

I don't want anything mainstream though..
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Gun metal grey with orange highlight perhaps?

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ07gr...

MetallicAcid

That looks bad ass. Along with one of the orange gigabit motherboards

I'd say try to keep the front and side cut the same pattern for a more cohesive look.

Keep up the good work!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av X-oiL:

That looks bad ass. Along with one of the orange gigabit motherboards

I'd say try to keep the front and side cut the same pattern for a more cohesive look.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers mate, and thanks for the tip

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

MetallicAcid

I actually think the white and orange would be better. It's more "sharp", if you know what I mean?
It gives it more contrast which is good in these builds, and when looking for something special.

Visa signatur

240+360 rad custom loop

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av stylarn:

I actually think the white and orange would be better. It's more "sharp", if you know what I mean?
It gives it more contrast which is good in these builds, and when looking for something special.

Thanks for tip mate! I will look into making a render with white and orange.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Hello again!

I have changed the custom reservoir our for the two tube reservoir solution. I can't help it, I just love the way it looks. I have also decided to do something a little different with the interior of the case... The panel from the front plate, on the inside of the case, runs at a 45° angle to the motherboard plate. This creates an interesting and open area to show of the goods! I hope you enjoy

MetallicAcid

Permalänk

Mmm, that yellow/gray theme is amazing. I would like to see something else than red/black, to mainstream imo.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Bacontree:

Mmm, that yellow/gray theme is amazing. I would like to see something else than red/black, to mainstream imo.

Yes indeed!

And nice detail with the 45° wall!

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Bacontree:

Skrivet av Spille:

Yes indeed!

And nice detail with the 45° wall!

Thanks guys, I am very happy that this design is a hit! I have made a few more details and will present them soon

Do either of you have any suggestions on how I can improve this current design?

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Another quick update

I have added space for one 5.25" bay above the reservoirs for a fan controller, and made the bay area blend in with the 45° angle which is behind the reservoirs. These 2 lines will be lit up from behind with LED's. More to come soon! Here is the model with a couple of colour schemes for your viewing pleasure!

Thanks for looking!
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Welcome to my second project!! My next project will be using the Silverstone Temjin TJ07S which I already own, and is begging to be modded. I am still in the early stages of planning as of typing this text, so nothing is set is stone as of now.

What I would like to achieve with this mod:
Paint the case
Custom water cooled loop
Custom reservoir
Radiator covers for lower department
Hard acrylic tubing for water
Custom water channels for behind motherboard tray
Make new motherboard tray
Unique aluminium panels
Unique theme
Simple and elegant

My budget for this case is very minimal. Nothing to be exact. I might be able to transplant some items from my TJ08-E if I have to if I decide to keep it. But otherwise, I might just do the ground modding of the case, and hopefully pick up a customer who would like to buy the case and my modding services.

Here is where the build stands as of the latest update:
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ0716...

So, without further delay, let's get started!
MetallicAcid

Came here for the MetallicA.....cid

Visa signatur

Spelkonsoler> | PS1\PS2\PS2Slim\PS3Slim | N64 Black/Grey
Soffdator> MacbookPro "13 Retina '12

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Update

Another quick update

I have added space for one 5.25" bay above the reservoirs for a fan controller, and made the bay area blend in with the 45° angle which is behind the reservoirs. These 2 lines will be lit up from behind with LED's. More to come soon! Here is the model with a couple of colour schemes for your viewing pleasure!

Thanks for looking!
MetallicAcid

Oh god, the orange / gray theme is amazing!

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

5800X 6800XT 32GB DDR4

12 Pro

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av thedarkknight:

Came here for the MetallicA.....cid

Skrivet av boniz:

Oh god, the orange / gray theme is amazing!

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Cheers boniz! I am really enjoying that colour scheme! The design is not 100% just yet as I still have some tricks up my sleeve

MetallicAcid