Corsair H80i with aftermarket fans works?

Permalänk
Medlem

Corsair H80i with aftermarket fans works?

So i got a corsair h80i and first of all i wanna say i'm extremly satisfied with this product it's brilliant except for one thing one of the fans have a hissing sound to it so i contacted my retailer and they are sending down a new fan, a corsair sp120 since it's apparently made for radiators, what i'm wondering is if they will be adjustable by the corsair link 2 (seeing they are corsair fans)? I've seen threads on your forum where some people have had theire fans running at max speed all the time wich ain't something i want happening.

Sincerly
Almost satisfied custumer

Permalänk
Brons i quiz

varför skriver du på engelska på ett svenskt forum?

Visa signatur

Citera om du vill ha svar!
Tycker du om sidospår? :D Besök The Wiki Game
Har du fråga angående modereringen? PM till Moderatorerna eller Kontaktformulär

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem
Skrivet av Destromath:

So i got a corsair h80i and first of all i wanna say i'm extremly satisfied with this product it's brilliant except for one thing one of the fans have a hissing sound to it so i contacted my retailer and they are sending down a new fan, a corsair sp120 since it's apparently made for radiators, what i'm wondering is if they will be adjustable by the corsair link 2 (seeing they are corsair fans)? I've seen threads on your forum where some people have had theire fans running at max speed all the time wich ain't something i want happening.

Sincerly
Almost satisfied custumer

SP = Static Pressure (better for radiators and Heatsinks)
AF = AirFlow (better for in & outlets of the case)

You need to connect the Mini-USB from pump to internal USB header on the motherboard and download Corsairs Link program.

In Corsairs Link software you have the possibilty to set fan curve and such.

you must connect the fan/fans headers to the pump or else you cant control the fans with the software Corsair Link

Visa signatur

MODERKORT: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | CPU Kylare: Noctua NH-D14 | RAM: Corsair 16GB 1600Mhz Vengeance |
GPU: GTX 580 1536MB X2 SLI | PSU: Corsair TX 850W 80+ Bronze M | Chassi: Fractal Define Arc | Skärm: LG IPS Panel
Guide: Hur man gör rent i sin dator.

Permalänk
Skrivet av EvilWord:

sweclockers.com inte .se

Visa signatur

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2223471 = gillar :P

!OBS dyslektiker OBS!

Permalänk
Brons i quiz
Skrivet av track_666:

sweclockers.com inte .se

det är fortfarande en svensk sida. jag ser att han har skrivit på svenska.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av EvilWord:

det är fortfarande en svensk sida. jag ser att han har skrivit på svenska.

Corsair <- Forumsdel
Fråga Corsair om produkter i företagets sortiment. På engelska. <- forumsbeskrivning

Visa signatur

Laptop - MacBook 2.0GHz, 4GB ram, Intel GMA 950
Stationär - i5 3570k @ 4ghz, 8gb ram, 120gb ssd + 2tb hdd, Windows 8 64bit, fractal design arc
Citera så jag hittar tillbaka :)

Permalänk
Brons i quiz
Skrivet av E_maN:

Corsair <- Forumsdel
Fråga Corsair om produkter i företagets sortiment. På engelska. <- forumsbeskrivning

okej, visste inte om att corsair hade en egen del av forumet.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av To33e:

You need to connect the Mini-USB from pump to internal USB header on the motherboard and download Corsairs Link program.

you must connect the fan/fans headers to the pump or else you cant control the fans with the software Corsair Link

That one i already know however i have heard people who have had problems with the fan controller in corsair link with aftermarket fans so that's why i'm asking if corsairs sp120 fans are controllable by link since they are of the corsair brand.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av EvilWord:

Därför detta är corsairs forum del och då skall det skrivas på engelska då deras support är engelska, kolla vilken forumdel du är inne på .

Skrivet av To33e:

That one i already know however i have heard people who have had problems with the fan controller in corsair link with aftermarket fans so that's why i'm asking if corsairs sp120 fans are controllable by link since they are of the corsair brand.

Permalänk
Avstängd

Yes the bundle fans has a whistling sound. This guy wrote the sp120 fans are not controllable by link: #13155786

Visa signatur

Höghastighetsfiber är livet :)

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av stormense:

Yes the bundle fans has a whistling sound. This guy wrote the sp120 fans are not controllable by link: #13155786

That's kinda disturbing that Corsair don't even support theire own fans... what the hell am i supposed to do now then? I bought a cooler that is actually really good and that cools my cpu really well but that crap of a whistling sound is so god damned annoying that it gives me a headache....

Permalänk
Avstängd

The Noctua NF-P12 works with Link. Run only max 1300 rpm but cools the same as the original fans. One problem when switching fans on H80i is that the screw holes wear out = terrible poor quality. You still have the whistling sound but barely audible. I think a dog dint like it but the human can stand it.

I think the whistling comes from the radiator?

I try to test the temperature but get strange values ​​depending on the program that measures the heat of the processor

One hour and fifteen minutes (over clock 20% to 4,7 gigahertz Intel turbo) 100% Intel i73770k CPU load

OCCT: 72 degrees Celsius
Link: 70 degrees Celsius
Asus AI Sute: 56 degrees Celsius

OCCT result heat:
Noctua NH-U12P SE2 vs Corsair H80i - with same two fans

I get 400 Mhz more turbo in same overclock with the H80i water coller vs Noctuna tower cooler. Approximately the same temperature but a little higher on H80i but also more turbo.

Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - 4 314 Mhz auto Turbo

Corsair H80i - 4711 Mhz auto Turbo

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av EvilWord:

Maybe you should take your time and read the sticky thread in this forum category....
Then you can start to ask questions

Permalänk
Medlem

Well that's kinda interesting, i have a pair of noctua nf-p14 flx and seeing how they have theire original screwholes designed for 120mm i could just remove the adapters that makes them into a 140mm fans and use them, they might be a tiny bit oversized for the radiator but they should hopefully work .

Permalänk
Avstängd

In my test the "Corsair H80i water cooler" dominate the "NH-U12P SE2 thorn cooler" with the "NH-U12P SE2" fans in "Far Cry 3". Full fans speed settings in both Link and Asus Fan Expert. First time I have 60 FPS all the time in the game.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Hums no reply from corsair at all? Well let me rephrase this then will you update link soon so we can get some controll over our aftermarket fans? Especilly those that are corsairs own fans.

Permalänk
Avstängd

Result with Prime 15 minutes and the "NH-U12P SE2" fans. Longer time and a get over 80 degrese celcius. I think is because they only runs in top 1300 rpm.

They are total silent in 500 rpm and cool the cpu 40 degrees Celsius just after full load and still going down to now 39.

But I have order this: Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan because I think the Noctua 1300 rpm set the limit when over-clocking. The can work in 2 350 RPM. But I think I cant get the good silence with the Corsair fans.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av stormense:

Result with Prime 15 minutes and the "NH-U12P SE2" fans. Longer time and a get over 80 degrese celcius. I think is because they only runs in top 1300 rpm.
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb353/stormense/4_zps70a5...

They are total silent in 500 rpm and cool the cpu 40 degrees Celsius just after full load and still going down to now 39.
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb353/stormense/5_zps413a...

But I have order this: Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan because I think the Noctua 1300 rpm set the limit when over-clocking. The can work in 2 350 RPM. But I think I cant get the good silence with the Corsair fans.

Just tried it with the fan you linked and it's not possible to control the fan with the corsair link program, i tried pretty much everything and nothing worked...

It's bloody retarded that the SP120 corsair fans ain't controllable by the link program and it makes me wonder when the hell they are gonna fix this because they should atleast alow theire own fans to be controlled by the program.

Permalänk
Avstängd

I can control my new " Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan" but only if I have resistance on the power cable. In full mode they can not be controlled by Link. And my Noctua fans cooling far away better in same speed and quieter. But cost 2 times more.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av stormense:

I can control my new " Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition High Static Pressure Fan" but only if I have resistance on the power cable. In full mode they can not be controlled by Link. And my Noctua fans cooling far away better in same speed and quieter. But cost 2 times more.

Strange i can't get it to work at all without the fans going at full speed all the time.

Would still love to see blackbeard give a proper answer in here

Permalänk
Corsair

The current SP fans won't be controllable via Link, but we are looking at 4-pin versions. And other 4-pin fans should work fine too. Obviously, there are a lot of fans all with different min/max speeds, so it's hard to ensure it will work with absolutely everything.

H80i/H100i with SP120 Quiet running at 12V is a great solution though.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

The current SP fans won't be controllable via Link, but we are looking at 4-pin versions. And other 4-pin fans should work fine too. Obviously, there are a lot of fans all with different min/max speeds, so it's hard to ensure it will work with absolutely everything.

H80i/H100i with SP120 Quiet running at 12V is a great solution though.

No i can't say that they are since they are running at such high rpms that they sound like a bloody airplane, are there any plans on adding your own fans to the link program because it's freaking annoying that it says that they are made for radiators at your site but they can't be controlled by your software.

Permalänk
Avstängd

They say they cant. I think they meant: -No fans that runs over 1899 rpm.
I think is a motherboard thing?

But I hope they in the website wright the word: No Corsair Link compatible. Ore perhaps they cant. Ore afraid people laugh. Corsair forume = complete silence from Corsair

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av stormense:

They say they cant. I think they meant: -No fans that runs over 1899 rpm.
I think is a motherboard thing?

But I hope they in the website wright the word: No Corsair Link compatible. Ore perhaps they cant. Ore afraid people laugh. Corsair forume = complete silence from Corsair

If that were true then why the heck would the stock fans be controllable by link? They are 3 pin with over 2000 rpm does not sound right to me.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Destromath:

If that were true then why the heck would the stock fans be controllable by link? They are 3 pin with over 2000 rpm does not sound right to me.

Yes, you right there. Strange that the only fans of 4 I can´t control with Links without resistor comes from Corsair (SP120)

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

I just want to know if i'm going to have to spend money to get new fans that actually work or if they are planning on adding the sp120 fans to the corsair link program so we can control...

Permalänk
Avstängd

The way of thinking in Corsair is strange so I think you never get any answer on this.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=114982

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av stormense:

The way of thinking in Corsair is strange so I think you never get any answer on this.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=114982

I actually got an answer from blackbeard ther are apprently working on a new set of fans that shall be controllable by link.

Permalänk
Avstängd

Good news when I already bought mine

Visa signatur