Permalänk
Medlem

Mini P180 Feedback

Recently bought a Mini P180 case that I thought I'd give some feedback on. Here are some pros and cons.

+ Nice exterior case design. Interior is good too but there is room for improvement.
+ Place for PSU in the bottom of the case
+ Great case airflow with the top 200mm fan
+ Exterior speed control switches for case fans
+ Dust filters
+ White LED power indicator
+ Cable management
+ Double hinge door
+ Hard-drive cage with vertical hard-drive placement
+ Silicone grommets to prevent vibrations

+/- Great initiative with sound dampening of the side panels. Though it would have been nice if the rest of the case had this too. I still think the computer is making too much noise. Gonna have to replace the CPU fan I guess. The case fans are fairly quiet though which is nice.
+/- Why include an I/O shield plate when you need to replace it anyway?

- Worst thing about this case: The middle part in between the two hard-drive cages makes it really difficult placing the motherboard (m-ATX 245x245mm) and to connect/disconnect the main motherboard cable. It would be better if you could somehow hang the top cage below the top 5.25" drive bay.
- No CPU cutout in the motherboard plate.
- The hard-drive cage with horizontal hard-drive placement won't fit back in the case when the hard-drives are mounted this way. The motherboard and cables are in the way. Might work better with a smaller motherboard though. I could probably get it to fit back in if I reroute some of the cables in the way but I only have 2 hard-drives and I thought the vertical drive bay was better so that's what I use.
- Steel plate covering the 5.25" bays. I could have easily damaged my motherboard getting this out. Pushed it in and it flew at super speed through the case. Luckily bounced off the top fan and out of the case.
- The dust filter in the front are hard to remove, unlike the one in the bottom of the case.
- For being a "Mini" case, it's bigger than my old mid-tower Antec Sonata 2.

Hope to see a new version of this case in the near future addressing the issues above.

Thanks Antec for being active in this forum. Keep up the good work.

Permalänk

Thanks for your feedback! I will make sure to forward it to our Chassis R&D.

Have fun with the case!

Christoph