Köper Mini-ITX board! Önskar ASUS ROG STRIX X570-i

Permalänk

Köper Mini-ITX board! Önskar ASUS ROG STRIX X570-i

Letar efter Mini ITX boards för Ryzen 3000. Önskar mest av allt asus x570-i, men kom gärna med andra bud också.

Läs hela annonsen här

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag sitter med ett ROG Strix X470-I som jag köpte i våras/somras av en medlem här på sidan.

Tanken var att bygga en liten dator till sonen men planerna har blivit ändrade så detta är inte ens uppackat sedans jag fick det.

Skulle detta vara intressant så hör av dig 👍🏻

Visa signatur

Har numera en Laptop från gigabyte.

Permalänk
Avstängd

Have an Asus Strix 570-i bought from INET on 25th April 2020 - used for a week or so max. Like new , full package + warranty/faktura.

PM me with your offer price.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Jeriko:

Have an Asus Strix 570-i bought from INET on 25th April 2020 - used for a week or so max. Like new , full package + warranty/faktura.

PM me with your offer price.

PM

Permalänk

As X570 mini-ITX boards barely take any advantage of PCIe 4.0 over the PCIe 4.0 features of B550, it could be argued that the less expensive Asus ROG Stix B550-I is actually superior overall compared to it's slightly out of date brother that you are chasing.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Super Älg:

As X570 mini-ITX boards barely take any advantage of PCIe 4.0 over the PCIe 4.0 features of B550, it could be argued that the less expensive Asus ROG Stix B550-I is actually superior overall compared to it's slightly out of date brother that you are chasing.

But X570-i is faster. And what I read up on it's the opposite.

Permalänk
Skrivet av SourceCreations:

But X570-i is faster. And what I read up on it's the opposite.

That sounds odd. There are differences but speed in general is not one of them.

There are differences in the spec of the secondary M.2 slot but the primary one is the same. The B550-I has 2.5Gb/s ethernet where the X570-I is stuck with 1Gb/s. Those differences may not be important yet, at least to most people. By the time they they are, there would be a new generation of motherboards with better features.

However I was just giving you a tip-off, not trying to talk you out of it.

I would appreciate it if you would send me a link to the article(s). I am interested to see what they were referring to.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Super Älg:

That sounds odd. There are differences but speed in general is not one of them.

There are differences in the spec of the secondary M.2 slot but the primary one is the same. The B550-I has 2.5Gb/s ethernet where the X570-I is stuck with 1Gb/s. Those differences may not be important yet, at least to most people. By the time they they are, there would be a new generation of motherboards with better features.

However I was just giving you a tip-off, not trying to talk you out of it.

I would appreciate it if you would send me a link to the article(s). I am interested to see what they were referring to.

I'm no deep expert, about every function on todays tech. But this is what I could find when simply putting X570-i vs B550-i on google.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3582-amd-chipset-differenc....

Permalänk

@SourceCreations: If you aren't already very familiar with it, it can get confusing. Both motherboards support the same connections that come directly from the CPU rather than via the chipset. Those are:

• The memory interface. (Actually the B550 board supports higher memory speeds at DDR4 5100(O.C) and it supports ECC memory.)

• They both have one PCIe 4.0 x 16 slot for the graphics card.

• They both have one PCIe 4.0 x 4 M.2 slot for the primary NVMe SSD.

• They both have four USB 3.2 gen 2 ports (10Gb/s each) directly from the CPU.

This is the main part of how motherboard hardware affects the PC speed.

Then we get to the chipset itself. There isn't a lot of stuff left on an ITX motherboard that connects via the chipset. It is the secondary M.2 slot (supported on Asus ITX boards), extra USB ports, SATA ports, ethernet, WiFi, sound and other peripherals. The speed difference is that the X570 chipset is fed by a PCIe 4.0 x 4 and the B550 chipset is fed by PCIe 3.0 x 4. As such, there is twice the speed headroom available for that small collection of chipset fed ports and devices I listed. In practice, using enough of those at once to see that headroom is not easy to do. Especially since the most data hungry devices are already connected directly to the CPU instead.

On an ATX board the chipset matters more because it supports all the other PCIe slots and usually more I/O ports as well.

Here is a helpful quick comparison including these ITX boards: Optimum Tech: B550 ITX vs. B450, X570 - Worth it?

I have both an Asus X570-I and an Asus B550-I motherboard amongst my gear. The Asus B550-I has an internal header for the case USB C port, which the Asus X570-I lacks. Both have an internal header for 2 x case USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports. The Asus B550-I has 2.5Gb/s ethernet instead of the 1Gb/s on the older Asus X570-I. The Asus B550-I has an audio type C port and a BIOS flashback/general USB 2.0 port (plus the BIOS flashback button) instead of four USB 3.2 gen 1 ports (5Gb/s) on the Asus X570-I. (This doesn't mention all the I/O.) Coupled with around 1000 kr cost savings, buying a new Asus B550-I for my newest build was a no-brainer for me.

Permalänk

Update! : ☆ Still looking for motherboard ☆

Permalänk
Skrivet av Super Älg:

@SourceCreations: If you aren't already very familiar with it, it can get confusing. Both motherboards support the same connections that come directly from the CPU rather than via the chipset. Those are:

• The memory interface. (Actually the B550 board supports higher memory speeds at DDR4 5100(O.C) and it supports ECC memory.)

• They both have one PCIe 4.0 x 16 slot for the graphics card.

• They both have one PCIe 4.0 x 4 M.2 slot for the primary NVMe SSD.

• They both have four USB 3.2 gen 2 ports (10Gb/s each) directly from the CPU.

This is the main part of how motherboard hardware affects the PC speed.

Then we get to the chipset itself. There isn't a lot of stuff left on an ITX motherboard that connects via the chipset. It is the secondary M.2 slot (supported on Asus ITX boards), extra USB ports, SATA ports, ethernet, WiFi, sound and other peripherals. The speed difference is that the X570 chipset is fed by a PCIe 4.0 x 4 and the B550 chipset is fed by PCIe 3.0 x 4. As such, there is twice the speed headroom available for that small collection of chipset fed ports and devices I listed. In practice, using enough of those at once to see that headroom is not easy to do. Especially since the most data hungry devices are already connected directly to the CPU instead.

On an ATX board the chipset matters more because it supports all the other PCIe slots and usually more I/O ports as well.

Here is a helpful quick comparison including these ITX boards: Optimum Tech: B550 ITX vs. B450, X570 - Worth it?

I have both an Asus X570-I and an Asus B550-I motherboard amongst my gear. The Asus B550-I has an internal header for the case USB C port, which the Asus X570-I lacks. Both have an internal header for 2 x case USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports. The Asus B550-I has 2.5Gb/s ethernet instead of the 1Gb/s on the older Asus X570-I. The Asus B550-I has an audio type C port and a BIOS flashback/general USB 2.0 port (plus the BIOS flashback button) instead of four USB 3.2 gen 1 ports (5Gb/s) on the Asus X570-I. (This doesn't mention all the I/O.) Coupled with around 1000 kr cost savings, buying a new Asus B550-I for my newest build was a no-brainer for me.

The x570-i has USB-C... you better get your facts right.

Permalänk

The facts were right.

I said "The Asus B550-I has an internal header for the case USB C port, which the Asus X570-I lacks." That is; the USB C internal header. There isn't one on the X570-I. It only has the older type of header. The B550-I has both (and a good case may connect to both).

I found the absent connector inconvenient in my NCase M1 when I simply couldn't connect one of the two front panel cables. As a result, the front USB type A ports work and the front USB type C is not connected. I could maybe feed all those ports from a lower speed USB just so all ports work, but that isn't a good solution. Other modern cases with a front USB C port will tend to be similar.

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag går i tankarna att byta ut mitt itx moderkort till atx, har idag ett Gigabyte X570 I AOROS PRO Wifi.
Skulle det kunna vara av intresse för dig?