Can't change resolution/hz in NVIDIA controlpanel - Stuck at 60hz in desktop

Permalänk

Can't change resolution/hz in NVIDIA controlpanel - Stuck at 60hz in desktop

Hi,

Just bought a Shark Gaming SG24240 24.5" 240Hz monitor.

Have a problem setting my monitor to 240hz and would really appreciate some help.

Whenever I reboot my PC, it starts with 60hz and when I change it to 240hz it works until I start any game (tested with CS:GO and CoD).

As soon as I turn off the game, the nvidia controlpanel sets it back to 60hz and the default resolution.

When I try to set it back to 240hz, it just locks and resets it back to 60hz in bot nvidia and advanced monitor settings in windows.
240hz still works in CS:GO and CoD whenever I turn the games on, but not in windows/desktop.

If you look at the picture, it's the 1920x1080 PC resolution I'm trying to access with 240hz.

Of course, I use DisplayPort - have GeForce Experience that helps me set it to the latest driver.

Another strange thing with nVidia Geforce Experience is that when I choose to update the latest studio driver, there's an Game Ready Driver available. When I update to the latest Game Ready Driver it says that there's an new Studio Driver available. It's like they are competing with each other.
However, I tested both drivers and I get the same issue and can't set the refresh rate to 240hz since it gets stuck on 60hz.

Would really appreciate any answer!

https://pasteboard.co/JsrqVoK.png

(Svenska svar fungerar med. Skrev på engelska då NVIDIA-tråden var inställd som det).

Permalänk
Bildexpert 📺

@valentino1111: Av din bild att döma gör du en "klassiker" och kör 1080p/HDTV-upplösning där EDID meddelar att det normalt är 60 Hz-signal som gäller. Ifall du väljer 1920x1080 under "PC" en bit ned lär du få tillgång till 240 Hz och bör få skärmen och Windows att stanna där.

Ifall det inte hjälper har många skärmar även felprogrammerad EDID och då kan man kliva runt problemen genom att kombinera Nvidias kontrollpanel med Windows egna inställningar, avancerat skärminställninar, Egenskaper för bildskärmskort, fliken Bildskärm och där välja uppdateringsfrekvens.