Advice with fraud case in Tradera

Permalänk
Medlem

Advice with fraud case in Tradera

Good afternoon,

I would like to ask for some advice regarding my case, on Monday May 18th I purchased an iPad pro on Tradera, I saw that it was a good deal and the profile of the seller was okeyish (9 positive reviews and only one negative). The advertisment for the iPad pro was a direct buyout, for that reason I proceeded with the payment through Swish (I know I know, BIG mistake from my side, I have learned my expensive lesson since it was my first purchase on Tradera), in total 4799 SEK (99 kr for a traceable parcel through Postnord)

Well, after buying the iPad and after sending the money, I contacted the seller telling him that the payment was already done and if he could tell me whenever he would be sending it + the tracking code, initially he didn´t repply, but the next day I insisted and he told me he would send it that Tuesday evening.

Then on thrusday after calling him and messaging him several times I saw that the same guy posted the SAME ipad for auction in his tradera profile, which instantly made me think that he was a dishonest person and he was trying to deceive me.

For that reason on Friday I went to the police station and reported the act of fraud, they told me they would investigate and that I should send them all the evidence. (which I did, screenshots of mostly everything including the posts in his tradera profile, of the iPad that I bought and the same iPad he put for auction again)

hence, I know it will be very difficult to get my money back and my hopes are very low, but anyways I want to give it a try.

What else can I do? things I have done so far:

1. Report it to the police and have sent all the evidence possible

2. Report it to Tradera, his account has been suspended

I have ALL the information of that person (not going to say anything but in esence he is a 20 year old guy still living with his parents and it seems that it was his first time scamming)

I have seen other posts here and saw that one user went with Kronofogden. His repply:

"Det du kan göra i detta fallet är att spara alla konversationer, sms, mail, PM etc som finns där det klart och tydligt står att det är ett kort till försäljning.

Du kan göra en polisanmälan, men polisen kan inte göra något OM inte den som "säljer" kortet avsiktligt försöker blåsa dig med att antingen inte ens äga ett kort eller inte tänker skicka det av någon anlending i syfte att blåsa dig. Är avsikten att blåsa dig kan polisen agera vilket de kommer göra om du sparar allt bevismaterial, kvitto på överföring etc.

Skickas inte kortet, att det finns men alltså inte går iväg, finns produkten du köpt. Då kan inte polisen göra något.
Är det fallet ska du anmäla till kronofogden med ett så kalla betalningsföreläggande som betyder att de ska driva in en skuld (pengar eller produkt).

https://www.kronofogden.se/Ansokaombetalningsforelaggande.htm....

Det kostar 300 kr (vilket du kan tvinga mottagern betala för + ränta och "arbete") och innebär i kort att du skickar kronofogden på mottagaren. Ofta enligt kronofogden så brukar det räcka, dvs att det skrämmer mottagaren. Mottagaren måste svara kronofogden om betalningsföreläggandet stämmer eller inte. Stämmer det är saken biff, men nekar mottagen kommer kornofogden fråga om du vill ta fallet till tingsrätt. Har du allt sparat, kvitto på överföring etc, ska man ta fallet vidare då det ju i princip är omöjligt att förlora om allt är så uppenbart att mottagare (kanske dum helt enkelt?) inte vill skicka varken pengar eller produkt.

Liten kommentar på tiden, har ju inte gått så många dagar. Vänta någon vecka och se vad som händer. Lite tidigt att göra en stor grej av det på ett par dagars tid, men förstår att du är skraj att pengarna är borta."

Hence I would appreciate it very much if anyone else had some experience regarding a fraud case and what other things I am missing to do?, shall I go directly with Kronofogden? or shall I wait for the police investigation and then go with Kronofogden?

Thank you very much in advance!

Permalänk
Medlem

If you've all the information you claim that you have and if you've the time/strength to endure it, I'd go through kronofogden. I suspect that going through the police will get you nowhere, they tend to not investigate these things for some reason. Make an example out of him! And since you swished him you can find the identity connected to the swish account and this will be the recipient of your KF-claim. Good luck!

Visa signatur

Corsair Obsidian 250D | i5 7600K | Gigabyte Z270N WiFi | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | Corsair Hydro H90 |Kingston 8GB 2133M DDR4 CL14 | Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX DC2 OC MAX |

Permalänk
Medlem

Have you tried to contact the parents? Even though he's above 18 it could be very effective 🙂

Visa signatur

NZXT H1 | Sapphire RX 5600XT PULSE | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | ASUS Strix X470-I | 16gb Crucial Ballistix RGB @3600MHz | Kingston A2000 500gb | Samsung 860 Evo 500gb| Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | Philips E-line 27" 1440p @75Hz

Permalänk
Medlem

You have all his information from swish and tradera, you can try to call him and if he dosent answer try to call his parents if you can find their number (maybe on hitta.se or ratsit) and if it still does not work then yes go through kronofogden and teach him a lesson. The police is very slow on these cases.

Permalänk
Medlem

@Dakkie:

@JoL_:

@Greee:

Thank you very much for your comments! Indeed I was planning to do the same at the beginning but didn´t do it because I am not completely sure how legal it is to do that here in Sweden, or if I would get into trouble to do that (since I came here to do just my master studies)

Would you think it would be a good idea? I already found his parents number and his house number on hitta.se, or shall I go directly with Kronofogden?

Permalänk
Medlem

@Blazec: As long as you don't make threats, harass or similar it's legal to contact both him or his parents.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Blazec:

@Dakkie:

@JoL_:

@Greee:

Thank you very much for your comments! Indeed I was planning to do the same at the beginning but didn´t do it because I am not completely sure how legal it is to do that here in Sweden, or if I would get into trouble to do that (since I came here to do just my master studies)

Would you think it would be a good idea? I already found his parents number and his house number on hitta.se, or shall I go directly with Kronofogden?

Depending on the guy, his parents finding out may be worse for him than getting kronofogden involved, so I'd definetly give them a call as well. Unfortunately there are some scams going around sweden from foreign numbers , so depending on where you're from or your accent etc i might ask a swedish classmate or something to make the call to the parents for you. I can definitely see my own father not believing an english speaking person calling him and claiming to be owed money.

And as was previously said here, don't make any threats or anything, just say that you're owed money and that he can either pay it back willingly or that you've sufficient material to take it to kronofogden and tingsrätten if that is needed.

Visa signatur

Corsair Obsidian 250D | i5 7600K | Gigabyte Z270N WiFi | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | Corsair Hydro H90 |Kingston 8GB 2133M DDR4 CL14 | Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX DC2 OC MAX |

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Dakkie:

Depending on the guy, his parents finding out may be worse for him than getting kronofogden involved, so I'd definetly give them a call as well. Unfortunately there are some scams going around sweden from foreign numbers , so depending on where you're from or your accent etc i might ask a swedish classmate or something to make the call to the parents for you. I can definitely see my own father not believing an english speaking person calling him and claiming to be owed money.

And as was previously said here, don't make any threats or anything, just say that you're owed money and that he can either pay it back willingly or that you've sufficient material to take it to kronofogden and tingsrätten if that is needed.

+1 to this.

If it's possible to get help from someone who speaks Swedish as their native language I think that would be in your favour. Just call his parents and tell them the story and if necessary give them some sort of proof of your payment.

Visa signatur

NZXT H1 | Sapphire RX 5600XT PULSE | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | ASUS Strix X470-I | 16gb Crucial Ballistix RGB @3600MHz | Kingston A2000 500gb | Samsung 860 Evo 500gb| Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | Philips E-line 27" 1440p @75Hz

Permalänk
Medlem

@oatp1b1:

@Dakkie:

@JoL_:

Thank you very much for all your advice! I am already talking with a friend if she can help me calling and explaining them my situation
I will keep you updated!