Portabel monster-rig för videoredigering

Permalänk
Medlem

@Super Älg:

Jag får nog inte plats med all i ett itx, behöver några HDD med mycket minne för allt footage jag filmar. Måtten för umx3 är rätt perfekta för min väska.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Basen123:

@Super Älg:

Jag får nog inte plats med all i ett itx, behöver några HDD med mycket minne för allt footage jag filmar. Måtten för umx3 är rätt perfekta för min väska.

A 240mm AIO ("All In One" liquid cooling unit) would not be easy to adapt into the UMX3. A twin 120mm radiator custom loop perhaps, but you need to know a water-cooling junkie to do it for you. If you are set on the UMX3, a 120mm AIO is practical or a large air cooler, which could actually cater for a more powerful CPU than the 120mm AIO. You should then choose a CPU that doesn't need bigger cooling than that. That kind of rules out the 3950X unless you use lower settings. A 120mm AIO might be somewhat undersized for also a 3900X on intensive all-core workloads, even without overclocking.

Perhaps with modifications you could install a 240mm AIO's radiator at the bottom of the UMX3. That is the default spot for the 3.5" hard disk though. You would also have to re-design the air flow scheme of the case.

Otherwise there are other good cases already catering for a 240mm AIO or readily adapted. That includes some cases built for a mini-ITX motherboard. There are such cases also catering for at least a 3.5" hard drive and a 2.5" SSD.

If you haven't looked already, the Lian Li TU-150 is arguably a better designed similar sized competitor to the UMX3 (although without the micro-ATX option) and is about half the price of it. It is new and is listed as incoming stock at some typical stores here. I am not saying that can fit a 240mm AIO any easier by the way.

Are you planning to add more than one 3.5" hard disk? Obviously multiple hard disks can get heavy, bearing in mind that the rest of the system is not very light. I guess it depends on how feasible it is to manage storage to/from bigger external sources.

How much does RAM matter for your application. A mini-ITX can easily have 32GB RAM or a less economical 64GB in it's two slots. A micro-ATX has four slots and can therefore have double.

Permalänk
Medlem

Antar att du kollat Pugets benchmarks för att se om det är Intel eller AMD som passar just dina behov, mediatyper och projekt bäst? Annars har ju folk en viss tendens att bara ta någon random youtubers renderbenchmark och kasta ut som Absolut Sanning vad som presterar bäst i PPro och AE, utan att inse hur mycket olika parametrar spelar in.

H.264 1080P är ju inte direkt det samma som REDs RAW-format. Cinema4D-rendering i AE är inte samma sak som enkeltrådad tracking. Export i PPro är inte samma sak som redigering med aktiva effekter. Osv.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CPU-R...

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/After-Effects-CPU-...

Visa signatur

Citera -> större chans till svar.

Permalänk
Medlem

Skippa alla förslag på 2080, 2080 super osv! För videoeditering behöver du INTE dessa kort. De är för att skapa fps i spel!
Ett 1660 är mer än tillräckligt för all professionell editering i 4k. Lever du på att editera så skaffa ett quadro-kort eftersom de är konstruerade för professionell användning där stabilitet är a och o. Du kan sänka effektförbrukningen och få ett mer mobilt, lättare system. Lägg pengarna på så mycket processor, RAM och SSD (för swap, scratch och program) som din budget tillåter. Filer kan du spara på HDD.
Moderkortet bör ha usb-c 3.1 för så snabb filöverföring som möjligt.

Visa signatur

DAN A4 - RTX 4070 - Ryzen 5800x3d - 32Gb 3600DDR4 - 4TB NVME m.2 SSD - ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac - Corsair SF450 - Samsung 65Q80

Permalänk
Medlem

@Super Älg:

Jag bygger datorn själv och skulle behöva ett vattenkylningsystem som är "lätt" att montera.

Jag såg att raijintek thetis classic var ungefär samma mått som umx3 och det ska passa i min väska, det chassit har även gott om plats.

Jag planerar att lägga in en 3.5" hårddisk till en början men skulle gärna vilja ha plats för 2 till senare.

Hela rigen kommer bara att transporteras 1-2km per månad, jag jobbar på ett fartyg.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Basen123:

@Super Älg:
Jag såg att raijintek thetis classic var ungefär samma mått som umx3 och det ska passa i min väska, det chassit har även gott om plats.

Comparatively heavy and 28 litres, but it sounds like it suits your aims. The layout looks practical for this situation and theoretically the quality seems OK. Looks easy enough to fit a 240mm AIO. The AIO might clash with a ATX motherboard, so if ATX will be used, be careful to check. I am not sure if that would still be an issue with Micro-ATX and it is evidently not an issue with Mini ITX.

Good luck. I will keep an eye on the thread in case you are looking for more comments.

Permalänk

Here is a nice although very expensive pre-built option that might be worth looking at:
---> Corsair One i182. It is a very compact liquid-cooled workstation with 12 core Intel i9-9920X and Nvidia RTX 2080Ti.

And here is some recent news about that new model.

The i145 and i165 (non-workstation versions) also mentioned in that article are much lower priced if you don't need 12 cores and X299. They still are not cheap though.

The Corsair One tends to get quite good reviews. The negatives have included:
* No options for different components from the standard model. eg. No options for AMD Zen2 CPU's.
* Premium price, although arguably justified.

Back on the general subject of DIY workstations, this is a very relevant video although again some of the cases there are quite expensive.