Permalänk
Medlem

- eGPU ägartråd -

Jag har inte hittat någon samlingstråd för oss som kör eGPUer och tänkte att det vore bra att ha någonstans där man kan ställa frågor, posta bilder på sin setup och rent allmänt snacka om eGPU och bärbart.

Tekniken har ju gått fort frammåt och jag har länge varit tveksam till detta koncept. Nu är jag dock en ägare till en laptop+Core X Chroma och måste faktiskt säga att jag inte kan märka någon skillnad på detta och min förra rig som var en Ryzen 7a med ett GTX 1080.

Min upplevelse har dock varit allt annat än smärtfri då den har kantats av blåskärmar och drivrutiner som inte vill fungera. Jag har till slut hittat en lösning som funkar för mig och jag undrar nu; Vad har ni för erfarenheter kring detta? Vad för hinder har ni stött på? Hur ser er setup ut?

Jag löste kopplingsproblemen mellan Coren och laptopen genom att innan jag kopplar på eller av min laptop så försätter jag den i sömnläge. På så sätt slipper jag blåskärmar och dylikt. Har även ett ärende med Razer om detta och jag kommer posta uppdateringar i denna tråd.

Min setup:
Razer Blade Stealth 2019
Core X Chroma
GTX 1080 FTW1
---------------------------
2st MSI Optix 27" 1440p144hz
1st Acer Predator 27" 1440p165hz
2st Yamaha HS7 Studiomonitorer
1st Focusrite Scarlet 2i4

Jag hoppas denna tråd kommer fyllas med bra information som vi andra kan ta del av

Visa signatur

“You don’t fear death, you welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.”
- Bane

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

*Tråd flyttad*

Visa signatur

Danskjävel så krattar som en skrivare...

Permalänk
Medlem

Uppdatering på mitt problem:

Nu efter mycket ominstallerande av drivrutiner och dylikt så har jag fått det att fungera någorlunda. Har även installerat GPU switcher som ploppar upp när coren kopplas in. Då väljer man egpun som primär drivrutin och det verkar fungera för det mesta.

Mitt ärende med razer känns inte hoppfullt iaf. Hittills efter lång väntetid har jag fått tills svar att installera om drivrutiner. That's it. Har sagt att jag redan gjort allt det och ska se vad de säger härnäst.

Visa signatur

- Bane

Permalänk
Medlem

Intressant tråd! Jag kommer förmodligen köpa samma eGPU setup till min Matebook X PRO vid årsskiftet.
När allt fungerar, tycker du det är tillräckligt bra och vad spelar du för spel?

Visa signatur

- Huawei Matebook X PRO Signature Edition (2018)
- 32" VA. Mission SG. 2k. 165Hz

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Borupzki:

Intressant tråd! Jag kommer förmodligen köpa samma eGPU setup till min Matebook X PRO vid årsskiftet.
När allt fungerar, tycker du det är tillräckligt bra och vad spelar du för spel?

För det mesta märker jag ingen skillnad mot min förra burk förutom i de mest cpuintensiva spelen. BFV t.ex spelar ingen roll om jag kör 1080p eller 1440p High/low, det är 60 FPS som gäller där haha.

Jag tycker undervoltningen fungerar bra. Jag kör thottlestop och kör -100mv på core och cache. Då boostar laptopen längre och högre.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

- Bane

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Tekanna218:

Uppdatering på mitt problem:

Nu efter mycket ominstallerande av drivrutiner och dylikt så har jag fått det att fungera någorlunda. Har även installerat GPU switcher som ploppar upp när coren kopplas in. Då väljer man egpun som primär drivrutin och det verkar fungera för det mesta.

Mitt ärende med razer känns inte hoppfullt iaf. Hittills efter lång väntetid har jag fått tills svar att installera om drivrutiner. That's it. Har sagt att jag redan gjort allt det och ska se vad de säger härnäst.

Nedan följer min mailkonversation med Razer. Jag tycker att de skött detta rätt dåligt, de kunde ha gjort saker snabbare.

"Razer AP Systems Support" <systems-ap@razersupport.com> systems-ap@razersupport.com via i7obj87wmwkhfbah.fdt75644293rpbsv.medq0dm.3-1h0heeas.na60.bnc.salesforce.com
tors 12 sep. 21:59
till mig

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for contacting Razer Systems Support! We are sorry to know that you are having issues with your Razer System. In order to better assist you, please provide or answer some questions below to better understand and come up with a solution to fix the issue.

Model: (Located at the bottom of the laptop)
Serial No.: (Located at the bottom of the laptop)
Product No.: (Located at the bottom of the laptop)

Serial No. of the Core:
Product No. of the Core:
GPU inserted on the core:

Charger Serial No.: (Located on the power charger itself)
Charger Product No.: (Located on the power charger itself)

Charger LED Lit: Yes or No?

WINDOWS SPECIFICATIONS (Press the windows button and type "Winver". Select "Winver")
• Edition (Windows 10?):
• Version:
• OS Build:

FIRMWARE SPECIFICATIONS (Press the windows button and type "msinfo". Select "System Information")
• Embedded Controller (EC):
• BIOS OR SMBIOS Version):

GPU DRIVER VERSION (Press the windows button and type "dxdiag". Select "dxdiag", Go to the "Display 1 or 2 and under "Drivers", look for "Version")
• Nvidia Driver Version:

SYNAPSE (Press the windows button and type "Synapse". Select "Razer Synapse", Go to the settings and "About")
• Synapse Version:

Blue Screen Error
• Error Code:
• Image URL of Blue Screen:

Once we receive a reply from you, we'll see what we can do for you.

Your case number is 03262911.

All the best,
Erika
Razer Systems Tech Support

Oliver
lör 14 sep. 11:44
till Razer

Model: razer blade stealth
Serial No.:*************
Product No.:******************

Serial No. of the Core: ******************
Product No. of the Core: model no? rc21-0143
GPU inserted on the core: gtx 1080ftw

Charger Serial No.: **************
Charger Product No.: rc30-02390100

Charger LED Lit: Yes or No? yes

WINDOWS SPECIFICATIONS (Press the windows button and type "Winver". Select "Winver")
• Edition (Windows 10?): 10 home
• Version: 1803
• OS Build: 17134.1006

FIRMWARE SPECIFICATIONS (Press the windows button and type "msinfo". Select "System Information")
• Embedded Controller (EC): 1.02
• BIOS OR SMBIOS Version): razer 1.06

GPU DRIVER VERSION (Press the windows button and type "dxdiag". Select "dxdiag", Go to the "Display 1 or 2 and under "Drivers", look for "Version").
• Nvidia Driver Version: MX150 - 25.21.14.1735 GTX1080 - 26.21.14.3615

SYNAPSE (Press the windows button and type "Synapse". Select "Razer Synapse", Go to the settings and "About")
• Synapse Version: 3.4.901.82102

Blue Screen Error
• Error Code: driver_verifier_dma_violation
• Image URL of Blue Screen:

Also when I unplug the core and get the bluescreen the mx150 is getting code43 in device manager and I have to reinstall the drivers from your website.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Razer AP Systems Support
tors 19 sep. 21:43
till mig

Good day, Oliver! Thank you for providing the details we asked. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. As a technical support, we'll do out best to help you out. Let's try these following troubleshooting steps we have for you.

Open Start.

Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the experience.

Double-click Display adapters

Right click NVIDIA driver and uninstall it

Reinstall the Nvidia driver via GeForce Experience when the Core with the 1080ti is connected

If that doesn't work please try installing the DCH driver from:
https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/142739/en-...

Let's see what happens.

All the best,
Erika

Oliver
fre 20 sep. 08:19
till Razer

I've done all these things several times. Results are sporadic with bluescreen here and there. Sometimes it bluescreens when connecting the core, sometimes when disconnecting.

Oliver
fre 20 sep. 08:22
till Razer

And also sometimes the trackpad stops working. Like it just dies and a few seconds later it wakes up again. Maybe push out an update that fixes that? It's really annoying.

Razer AP Systems Support
fre 20 sep. 19:23
till mig

Hi, Oliver! Thank you for clarifying. We'll be further investigating this case here on our end. We'll see what other options we have for you. Please bear with us. Thank you!

Razer AP Systems Support
mån 23 sep. 21:00
till mig

Hi, Oliver! Thank you for your patience. We'd like to provide these following troubleshooting steps we have for you.

For the trackpad issue, please follow the steps below.

Restart the device and check if the issue persists.
Clean your Touchpad using a soft dry cloth (preferably a microfiber).
Please ensure that your hands are clean and dry when using the device.
Please update your device driver. Go to Device manager and expand “Human Interface Devices”.
Right-click “Synaptics HID Touchpad”, and select Update Driver.
Complete the update and verify if the issue has been fixed. If the issue is still being experienced, please re-install the device driver.
Right-click “Synaptics HID Touchpad” and select uninstall the device. Complete uninstalling the device.
On Device Manager, select Action on the top menu and click Scan for Hardware Changes. Your Blade should detect and install the driver for the Synaptics HID touchpad.

If the problem still persists, please attach a quick video file for our visibility.

On the other hand, about the BSOD you're experiencing, can you please tell us the BSOD error/s you're getting. To better assist you, please attach a photo/s of the blue screen error/s if possible.

What were you doing when he experienced BSOD?
How many times the laptop encountered BSOD?
What is the setup. (e.g. devices connected, etc…)?
What are the recent changes made to customers PC?

All the best,
Erika

Oliver
mån 23 sep. 21:24
till Razer

What were you doing when he experienced BSOD?
How many times the laptop encountered BSOD?
What is the setup. (e.g. devices connected, etc…)?
What are the recent changes made to customers PC?

DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION
is the bluescreen I recieve. I have given you this information about three times now.....
Sometimes I get it when I restart the pc with the core plugged in. Sometimes when I connect the core. And sometimes when I unplug the core. And no I cant get a picture of it because most of the time the laptop screen only goes black and my external monitors freezes. But it is the only bluescreen that I have seen repeatedly.

The recent changes is that im constantly reinstalling drivers for the videocard on the laptop. Whenever I have had the core plugged in with my GTX 1080 FTW I have to reinstall the driver för the MX150 for it to work. Otherwise the pc uses intel hd graphics.

About the touchpad. I have reinstalled it countless times. And because its random I cant get video of it.
It simply stops answering to any touch. The mousepointer stops. It seizes to be for a few seconds and then wakes up.

Im getting pretty annoyed that all you have to support me with is "try reinstalling device/drivers". Its literally the only thing Im doing with the PC, reinstalling stuff. I have checked a few forums and it seems Im not the only one experiencing problems with the touchpad or the core, so do you have any solution that might actually work or do you simply just sell hardware that doesnt function properly?

// Jag var lite irriterad här, ursäkta tonen.

Also, if you wiggle the thunderbolt cable going from the core to the laptops thunderbolt 3 port just slightly, it cuts the connection.
I cant even pick up the laptop when its plugged in to the core without fear of disconnecting it.

Razer AP Systems Support
ons 25 sep. 19:25 (för 12 dagar sedan)
Hi, Oliver! Thank you for providing those additional for information. I have already raised this case to our senior technicians on board for further investigati

Razer AP Systems Support
fre 27 sep. 01:37 (för 10 dagar sedan)
till mig

Hi, Oliver! Thank you for your patience. We'd like to provide these further steps we have to resolve the issue. We need to disable the Driver Verifier as that's what seems to be causing the BSOD.

Please backup your important data, if any, and follow these instructions:
1. Open 'cmd' as administrator
2. Type 'verifier'
3. From the "Driver Verifier Manager" window that will open, select "Delete existing settings" and then proceed.
4. Reboot the PC without the Core plugged in.

Oliver
mån 30 sep. 08:06 (för 7 dagar sedan)
till Razer

I tried the verifier and got the message: "No settings were changed"

Razer AP Systems Support
mån 30 sep. 22:51 (för 7 dagar sedan)
till mig

Good day, Oliver! Thank you for the update. Please allow us to evaluate your case properly. We'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you!

Razer AP Systems Support
tors 3 okt. 21:31 (för 4 dagar sedan)
till mig

Good day, Oliver! Thank you for your patience. We apologize for the delays. I was working on with your case with the help of our senior technicians and was also waiting for their instructions. Since we have exhausted the troubleshooting steps and the problem still persists, we would like to inform you that we are going to process a recovery stick for you. However before we proceed, please provide the following information below.

Name:
Email:
Phone:

Street Address:
City:
State/Province:
Postal Code:

Date of Purchase:
Place of purchase:
Proof of purchase: (PDF file or photo/screenshot of the receipt)

We are looking forward to get your response so that we can move forward with this case.

Thank you for your cooperation.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Oliver
Bilagor
fre 4 okt. 13:57 (för 3 dagar sedan)
till Razer

Name: Oliver ***********
Email: ************
Phone: *****************

Street Address: **********************
City:******************
State/Province: *********************
Postal Code: *******************

Date of Purchase: 2019-08-16
Place of purchase: inet.se

Avsnitt för bifogade filer

Razer AP Systems Support
fre 4 okt. 23:13 (för 3 dagar sedan)
till mig

Hi, Oliver! Thank you for filling out the template. As promised, we'll go ahead and proceed with the recovery stick request. I'll be forwarding the case to our Level 2 support for further assistance. Please wait for separate email with further instructions. Thank you for your continuous cooperation. Have a great day!

"Razer AP Systems Support" <systems-ap@razersupport.com> systems-ap@razersupport.com via zpzw448enkmxbb8y.51fp7rrh6gwdd2c9.tja3.3-1h0heeas.na60.bnc.salesforce.com
09:12 (för 2 timmar sedan)
till mig

Hi Oliver,

Great news! We we were able to locate the requested recovery stick and it should reach you within the next few days.

Tracking: ***********************

www.dhl.com

Sincerely,

Markus P.

Razer - CSM

www.razer.com

Wow, great news att de faktiskt hittade en USB med recovery

Jag har inte höga förhoppningar att detta kommer fungera, men jag kommer testa och se vad som händer!

Over and out!

Visa signatur

- Bane

Permalänk
Medlem

Har nu blåst datorn med stickan som razer har skickat och kan meddela att det inte blev någon skillnad. Får se va de svarar på det och om de ens kommer göra något.

Visa signatur

- Bane

Permalänk
Medlem

Har kört ett eGPU setup där datorn är en Dell Xperia 5520, eGPU är en Mantiz Venus, och GPU jag använt är ett 5500 XT.
Funkar prima tycker jag. Använde det till att spela Overwatch främst

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av alact:

Har kört ett eGPU setup där datorn är en Dell Xperia 5520, eGPU är en Mantiz Venus, och GPU jag använt är ett 5500 XT.
Funkar prima tycker jag. Använde det till att spela Overwatch främst

Skönt att det fungerar!

Det fungerar för det mesta för mig också, men synd bara att man inte kan hot-plugga till och från. Har det fungerat att göra så för dig?

Visa signatur

- Bane

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Tekanna218:

Skönt att det fungerar!

Det fungerar för det mesta för mig också, men synd bara att man inte kan hot-plugga till och från. Har det fungerat att göra så för dig?

I det senaste AMD Adrenaline 2020, om du kör AMD kort, så finns det så att man kan klicka på "Eject eGPU". På det sättet kan jag plugga ut datorn från eGPU. Jag gör inte det så ofta så kan inte svara hur väl det fungerar. Men den gången jag gjorde det så funkade helt OK

Permalänk
Medlem

Nu har jag lämnat tillbaka både laptop och core pga alla problem. Razer har inte varit till någon hjälp, riktigt dåligt av dom, och nu har jag varit i kontakt med Inet som har gått med på att ta tillbaka produkterna.

Själva laptopen var det ju inget fel på som så. Det var med kombinationen av laptopen och coren som enligt tillverkaren skulle vara "sömnlöst" men var långt ifrån det.

Stort plus till Inet som återigen briljerar som en av de bästa nätbutikerna, trevlig och snabb service som vanligt. Inga klagomål.

Over and out.

Visa signatur

- Bane

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Tekanna218:

Nu har jag lämnat tillbaka både laptop och core pga alla problem. Razer har inte varit till någon hjälp, riktigt dåligt av dom, och nu har jag varit i kontakt med Inet som har gått med på att ta tillbaka produkterna.

Själva laptopen var det ju inget fel på som så. Det var med kombinationen av laptopen och coren som enligt tillverkaren skulle vara "sömnlöst" men var långt ifrån det.

Stort plus till Inet som återigen briljerar som en av de bästa nätbutikerna, trevlig och snabb service som vanligt. Inga klagomål.

Over and out.

Om du skulle vara inne på banan igen med att skaffa ett eGPU så rekommenderar jag
https://mymantiz.com/ eller https://www.blackbeastpro.com/
Black Beast Pro är dessutom utvecklat i Norge

Permalänk
Livsnjutare 😎
Skrivet av alact:

Om du skulle vara inne på banan igen med att skaffa ett eGPU så rekommenderar jag

https://www.blackbeastpro.com går inte att komma in på... lösenordsskyddad.

Vart rätt snyggt gjort iofs, men kanske inte tänkt för konsumenter/utomstående folk

Visa signatur

Citera eller Svara för respons! •
• Life is a playground {|;^) •

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av andreas_dock:

https://www.blackbeastpro.com går inte att komma in på... lösenordsskyddad.

Vart rätt snyggt gjort iofs, men kanske inte tänkt för konsumenter/utomstående folk

Såg det nyss också. Tidigare var det en vanlig presentationsida, men det kanske har gjort om det nu iom att deras kickstarter avbröts. Gjorde lite efterforskning också och det verkar som de senare lägger release pga av patentproblem

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av alact:

Ja det är absolut inte helt främmande att i framtiden ha någon sån lösning. Men jag ska verkligen inte köpa nånting från Razer igen. Riktigt pissigt företag

Visa signatur

- Bane