Permalänk
teklager

@GLaDER: I'm glad you are happy with your APU2C2!

I have never used pfBlockerNG package, especially in combination with OpenVPN, so I won't be very helpful. I imagine that pfBlockerNG sees encrypted traffic and is unable to block anything. I suppose there's away to make this work, but I have no experience to help you, sorry!
Tell me more about your NAT. What's your setup and what do you want to achieve?

Best,
Pawel

Visa signatur

I'm running https://TekLager.se/ - we build Open Source routers in Sweden :-)
(Sorry for writing in English! My Swedish is still not fantastic...)

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av teklager:

@GLaDER: I'm glad you are happy with your APU2C2!

I have never used pfBlockerNG package, especially in combination with OpenVPN, so I won't be very helpful. I imagine that pfBlockerNG sees encrypted traffic and is unable to block anything. I suppose there's away to make this work, but I have no experience to help you, sorry!
Tell me more about your NAT. What's your setup and what do you want to achieve?

Best,
Pawel

I think you are right (but I'm hooking into the connection before it reaches the VPN why I am a bit confunded).

Regarding the NAT; I want to be able to reach my selfhosted (as in, the server is located at my house) webserver. If I go to mydomain.com, while on another network but my own, it works just fine, but if I do the same while on my network I am unable to reach the webserver. IIRC this is due to NAT Loopback not working by default, but looking at the documentation I am not really able to understand how to solve my issue.

I have been able to add a Split DNS configuration s.t. www.mydomain.com takes me to the webserver when I am on my local network, but that means I need to have two configurations for all applications that I use both externally and internally (i.e. when I want to reach BNC, Nextcloud, Plex, etc. from my Laptop).

Any tips?

Visa signatur

:(){ :|:& };:

🏊🏻‍♂️   🚴🏻‍♂️   🏃🏻‍♂️   ☕

Permalänk
teklager

@GLaDER: I know this problem, I had it myself.

There are 2 solutions. Either you "split the DNS" which is what you are doing today, but it's annoying, or you enable "NAT reflection", which is what I did. Net reflection is much nicer option because you don't have to care about updating DNS locally.

I see that you linked to the documentation for NAT reflection. This solved my problem. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Perhaps it's the firewall that is blocking it now? Do you have any "blocked entries in" firewall logs in Status -> System Logs -> Firewall?

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av teklager:

@GLaDER: I know this problem, I had it myself.

There are 2 solutions. Either you "split the DNS" which is what you are doing today, but it's annoying, or you enable "NAT reflection", which is what I did. Net reflection is much nicer option because you don't have to care about updating DNS locally.

I see that you linked to the documentation for NAT reflection. This solved my problem. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Perhaps it's the firewall that is blocking it now? Do you have any "blocked entries in" firewall logs in Status -> System Logs -> Firewall?

I had simply not looked in the right place. Thank you for encouraging me to take another look. Now it's working.

Visa signatur

:(){ :|:& };:

🏊🏻‍♂️   🚴🏻‍♂️   🏃🏻‍♂️   ☕

Permalänk
Medlem

Teklager.se was news to me but I believe I just came in my pants.
Will be buying a custom one next router change/upgrade for sure! Damnit I didnt even know this existed... Im almost wishing my for my current to catch fire or something.

Permalänk
Medlem

@teklager you might want to edit this part of your shop as it is in violation with Swedish law.

You write:
"14 days open purchase
In case of unbroken package"

Swedish law (konsumentköplagen) states that when purchasing a product over the internet you have the right to inspect and test the product.

Please see this section: "You have the right to inspect the product".
It states:
"To know whether you want to buy a product, you must be able to inspect it. But the product has to remain in its original condition if you are going to return it. You may not use or handle a product in an unnecessary way. If you do, the seller can demand that you pay for the reduction in the value of the product.".

https://www.hallakonsument.se/other-languages/english-engelsk...

https://www.konsumentverket.se/languages/english-engelska/

The exception from this law would be hygiene products and services that start before the 14 days have passed. I.e. earbuds, underwear, subscriptions, mobile phone agreements and other services of this kind.

Visa signatur

|| Citera för svar! ||

Chassi: Xigmatek Elysium | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W | MB: ASUS Strix Z390-F GAMING | CPU: INTEL i9-9900K & Corsair H60 | GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080 OC | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB | RAM: HyperX Fury 4x8 GB CL16 2666 Mhz | Ljudkort: Asus Xonar D2X | Nätverkskort: TP-Link Archer TX3000E

Tangentbord: Keychron K8 Pro | Switchar: Boba U4 | stabilizers: AEboards Staebis V2

Permalänk
teklager

@FireFox: Thanks for pointing this out! This rule was from a template I copied from somewhere, years ago, and we never actually followed it. "Unbroken package" doesn't make any sense anyway

I changed it to "30 days open purchase", if the hardware isn't physically damaged. This is more in line with what we are actually doing in practice today

Visa signatur

Permalänk

I see you have increased prices, how can this be?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av CrüeHead:

I see you have increased prices, how can this be?

Ökade leverantörspriser?
Inflation?

Permalänk
teklager

For those who are running APU routers with pfSense, we have some good news
New BIOS with some configuration changes, allow pfSense to route at 1Gbit on all APU routers. Read this article for details:
https://teklager.se/en/knowledge-base/apu2-1-gigabit-throughp...

@Undie: Price increase was rather small, but the reason is that manufacturer increased prices of parts, and PostNord increased prices for shipping.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Impressive :]

Nice guide.

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag köpte en router från TekLager.se och är galet nöjd med prestandan, priset och hjälpen jag fick från Pawel på TekLager! Kör OpenWrt och Wireguard och maxar ut min lina 1000/1000, något jag knappt trodde gick med en router.

Är det någon som har frågor till en kund så får ni gärna skicka ett PM!

Thanks @teklager for great support and an amazing product! Review in Swedish above.

Permalänk
Medlem

Ok, so was just about to put in an order for a Vilfo router when I stumbled over this thread.
Have had a good readup on PfSense/OpnSense and the different types of routers teklager offers.

I have a few questions to @teklager

1. I have a 1000/250 internet connection and want to use VPN, to reach those speeds it seems like i need to get the TLsense i5 right?
2. I also saw that you have a "new" product, TlSense j3p4 (celeron) what performance can
be expected from that hardware?

If i'm new to both OpnSense and PfSense what would you recommend I go for?

Cheers

Permalänk
teklager
Skrivet av reverend benny:

Ok, so was just about to put in an order for a Vilfo router when I stumbled over this thread.
Have had a good readup on PfSense/OpnSense and the different types of routers teklager offers.

I have a few questions to @teklager

1. I have a 1000/250 internet connection and want to use VPN, to reach those speeds it seems like i need to get the TLsense i5 right?
2. I also saw that you have a "new" product, TlSense j3p4 (celeron) what performance can
be expected from that hardware?

If i'm new to both OpnSense and PfSense what would you recommend I go for?

Cheers

Hi!

Vilfo seems like nice hardware! I've been looking at it for a while, but in the end, decided not to re-sell it because the software is not fully open source. My concern with closed-source OS is that it will stop being updated with security patches, and will make hardware obsolete.

Now, to your questions:
1. That's correct. You will need a CPU with good single-core performance to reach high OpenVPN throughput because OpenVPN is single-threaded. TLSense i5 will give you about 600-800Mbit/s.
2. I have not tested it myself yet, but I've heard from one customer that he reached about 180Mbit/s on OpenVPN on this hardware. This is lower than I expected, so I'll need to test it myself (hope to do this within the next week).

If you are completely new to OPNSense/pfSense then I recommend pfSense because it has more documentation and tutorials online.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Pawel

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

@teklager:

Thanks for a very quick reply, and on a weekend as well

Currently looking at moving on from my Edgerouter 4 as i am getting tired of having to use the CLI for pretty much anything.
It doesn't really support high VPN speed either so thinking of killing two birds with one stone here getting a new router.

One of the reasons why I was a bit uncertain about Vilfo is what you pointed out, I am depending on them to deliver updates and support. Not saying they won't but at least with this solution I won't have to worry about that.

I have one more question that probably should be more aimed toward the OS manufacturer, but that maybe you could answer is:
I want to setup so some devices use VPN and some don't via the router either via VLAN or IP. Is that possible?
Also thinking of maybe mess around using two VPN providers.

I don't expect a massive answer or a step by step instruction, just curious if its possible since Vilfo has that as a USP (that might be so unique).

Cheers

Permalänk
teklager

Thanks for a very quick reply, and on a weekend as well

I run TekLager as a hobby business, so I usually answer during weekends and after regular office hours

One of the reasons why I was a bit uncertain about Vilfo is what you pointed out, I am depending on them to deliver updates and support. Not saying they won't but at least with this solution I won't have to worry about that.

I'm a little torn on this because I support what Vilfo is trying to achieve (secure personal routing), but I have a hard time trusting proprietary software since I can't really verify that it's truly secure.
On the other hand, I understand why they didn't open source the Vilfo OS. This software is their competitive advantage, so it's a business decision.
I wish there was a way for them to open source it, and keep the competitive edge.

I have one more question that probably should be more aimed toward the OS manufacturer, but that maybe you could answer is:
I want to setup so some devices use VPN and some don't via the router either via VLAN or IP. Is that possible?
Also thinking of maybe mess around using two VPN providers.

I have not tried this, but I believe that it should be quite easy in pfSense/OPNsense. Once you have a VPN provider configured, you will have a virtual VPN WAN interface, and your regular WAN interface. Then it should be possible to route some clients to regular WAN and some clients to VPN-WAN. I believe you can do this based on IPs or VLANs in pfSense by going to Firewall-> NAT -> Outbound -> create Manual Outbound NAT rule.

Best,
Pawel

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

@teklager:

Again, thanks for the fast and valuable reply.

I'm just going to decide on which one to get now, the celeron one is probably enough as the things that will use VPN isn't the one requiring most of the bandwidth.
At the same time its not that much of a price difference so if i wanna play around with things such as IDP/IDS and other things it might be worth getting the i5 version.

Would you say there are any difference in quality from the Celeron and I5 kit, it seems like its from 2 different manufacturers?

The i5 obviously has a lot more of everything, but apart from that things like building quality, quality of components and if you have had many faulty devices is always interesting to know.

Cheers

Permalänk
teklager

@teklager:
Would you say there are any difference in quality from the Celeron and I5 kit, it seems like its from 2 different manufacturers?

The i5 obviously has a lot more of everything, but apart from that things like building quality, quality of components and if you have had many faulty devices is always interesting to know.

From the quality perspective, I think they are equivalent. Both of these boxes are well built and perform well.

TLSense i5 will have a lot more horsepower for IDS/IPS/VPN. If these are not very important to you then you won't see a difference in regular routing.

TLSense J3P4 has really small form factor which I think is cool

From the left: TLSense i7 6P, TLSense i5, J3P4, APU4C4, APU2D4, APU2D0.

Cheers!

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Ok, fick äntligen tummen ur att installera min Teklager router jag beställde för ett år sedan. Jag kör OpnSense och det fungerar riktigt bra och är användarvänligt jämfört med t.ex. Edgerouter.

Ska bli kul och börja labba lite mer framåt.

Permalänk
Medlem

Teklager är verkligen fantastiska. Jag lyckades sabba mjukvaran på något vis (verkligen sämst på allt som är Linux) i somras på min router och behövde fixa den nu innan fibern kommer i veckan.

Fick support på en söndagkväll och problemet är löst. Strålande!

Visa signatur

Asus Ap201, beQuiet Straight Power 1000W, ASUS TUF B650 Plus Wifi, 7600x @ ecomode, ASUS TUF 4090 @ 70% PL, 32gb 5600mhz Kingston, WD SN850 1TB, LG C9, Quest 2

Permalänk
Medlem

@teklager

Hur väl står sig en apu2e4 för ett mindre kontor? Typ 10-25 pers @ 100/100? 500/500? När bör man titta på något större? Är det throughput på gigabit som är flaskhalsen eller blir det antal paket med fler användare?

Normal användning, lite teamsmöten, lite rdp, lite skärmdelning, lite Spotify osv.

Apu2d4 -> Apu2e4
Permalänk
Medlem

Mina 5 cent är att det kanske är bra att lägga lite mer krut på en vettig router/FW om du ska köra den på ett kontor (som jag misstänker är ett företag). Du kommer kanske vilja använda funktioner som kräver lite mer kraft framöver och vill övervaka och analysera trafik.

Är det företagsanvändning så skulle jag nästan tipsa att köpa en produkt med supportavtal så om enheten går sönder så får ni den utbytt asap om du inte kan bygga en redundant miljö.

Men nu gör jag en massa antaganden utifrån att ni är ett företag som är beroende av en internetlina.
Själv kör jag TLsense 5200u och den har fungerat riktigt bra från start. Så kan ge tummen upp för den produkten.

Permalänk
Medlem

Mina 5 cent är att det kanske är bra att lägga lite mer krut på en vettig router/FW om du ska köra den på ett kontor (som jag misstänker är ett företag). Du kommer kanske vilja använda funktioner som kräver lite mer kraft framöver och vill övervaka och analysera trafik.

Är det företagsanvändning så skulle jag nästan tipsa att köpa en produkt med supportavtal så om enheten går sönder så får ni den utbytt asap om du inte kan bygga en redundant miljö.

Men nu gör jag en massa antaganden utifrån att ni är ett företag som är beroende av en internetlina.
Själv kör jag TLsense 5200u och den har fungerat riktigt bra från start. Så kan ge tummen upp för den produkten.

Det stämmer att det är för mitt företag. Jag vill väl hitta en mellanväg mellan att köra Unifi UDM Pro som är för dum, och Cisco som är för ”Cisco”. Där kändes pfSense/opnSense lagom. Även MikroTik hade varit ett alternativ om jag hade orkat lära mig något helt nytt.

För att komma åt problemet med downtime så är det givetvis bra att ha en extra (vad det nu än blir), färdigkonfad på hyllan, eller med HA-konfig. Jämfört med de större jättarna så kan jag nog köpa ett par stycken innan jag är uppe i priset av en. Och jag är lite trött på cisco.

Det går ju givetvis köpa det som en tjänst, men jag tycker att det är lite kul att pilla med det, som en paus i allt annat man gör. Vi hostar inget eget, och har väl inget direkt behov av filtrering.

Kör du din 5200u hemma eller på kontor? Det finns ju bra exempel på att det större TLsense/Qotom-burkarna klarar det mesta, så den stora frågan var väl egentligen hur långt en APU2 klarar sig.

Permalänk
Medlem

För 15-20 ”normal-användning”-användare router+brandvägg tror jag en APU3/4 presterar finfint. Ska du göra lite mer avancerade saker (typ VPN-tunnlar eller lastbalanserare) kan det bli lite tungt. I min erfarenhet blir flaskhalsen oftast context switching i CPU när det blir väldigt många bollar i luften. Går ju såklart att gå runt genom att splitta upp rollerna över flera enheter (vilket du kanske bör göra oavsett med tanke på säkerhet och resursisolering, och kanske till viss del HA som du nämnde).

Vill du gå upp ett snäpp men ändå motsvarande så kika efter lösningar med Ryzen Embedded V1000/V2000-SoC, eller något Intel-baserat. PCEngines ska efter egen utsago ha en sådan plattform på G under Q1-Q2 2022. Sedan har de också smyglanserat APU6 med SFP-port (dock samma SoC så bör inte göra någon betydande skillnad på prestanda).

Om du ändå behöver mer och ända vill rulla själv (istället för rena affärslösningar med supportavtal) går det ju alltid att rulla helt själv med valfri traditionell CPU och PCIe-kort.

Min tumregel brukar vara att börja billigt och enkelt (vilket PCE APU motsvarar här) och skala upp till biffigare först när du testat och inser att det inte räcker till. Antaget att verksamheten tolererar suboptimal prestanda under den perioden, såklart.

Källa: Har ett gäng APUer som fått gå genom alla möjliga laster över senaste par åren.

Visa signatur

Laptop: Zepto 6214W, Core Duo @ 2.0 GHz, 2048 MB RAM, 100 GB 7200 rpm
Server: Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0, Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 2*Corsair 1024 MB, 200 GB Seagate, 3*320 GB WD3200 varav 2*RAID Edition

Permalänk
Medlem

Bumpar denna om det är någon som letar efter en prisvärd router med ett OS där man har support ett bra tag + valfrihet.

Köpte min router med en i5 cpu, tanken var i början att köra en massa VPN så tog i lite med HW. Nu blev det inte så men jäklar vilken stabil HW och den gifter sig bra med OpnSense.

Om övriga billigare routers håller samma kvalitet så är det en no-brainer att köpa från teklager, några kronor dyrare men väldigt mkt bättre.

Permalänk
Medlem

Bumpar denna om det är någon som letar efter en prisvärd router med ett OS där man har support ett bra tag + valfrihet.

Köpte min router med en i5 cpu, tanken var i början att köra en massa VPN så tog i lite med HW. Nu blev det inte så men jäklar vilken stabil HW och den gifter sig bra med OpnSense.

Om övriga billigare routers håller samma kvalitet så är det en no-brainer att köpa från teklager, några kronor dyrare men väldigt mkt bättre.

Håller helt med. Är själv supernöjd med supporten och har än inte haft några bekymmer. +1

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag har nu gjort en beställning hos dem också

Köpte följande produkt: https://teklager.se/en/products/routers/tlsense-N5105L4

Tack alla i den här tråden för information om den här sidan och att de är seriösa och bra

Visa signatur

Min blogg: https://tokar86a.top - Mest fokuserad på Pokémon Sleep & Pokémon Go l Hårdvara/server`s information: https://tokar86a.top/hardware-information/

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

Har spanat in teklagers prylar länge nu och igår dog nätdelen till nuvarande router. Nya modeller är ute och N100-kärran ser ju riktigt fin ut med strömförbrukning och bra nog prestanda. Inget avancerat, bara en OpenBSD-kärra med pf och OpenVPN på en 1000/1000-lina. Ska fundera lite till men är grymt sugen.

@teklager the power supply for these machines, fairly standard model easy to replace right?

Visa signatur

yayaya I am Lorde yayaya

Permalänk
Geeks
Jobbar med data

@CCWarlock De använder 12V DC, och kommer med en 3-5A nätadapter. De finns att köpa "överallt", om inte TekLager i framtiden skulle lagerföra dem.