Permalänk
Medlem

Sunset Overdrive

Mycket ny info gällande Sunset Overdrive i dagens Edge Magazine! Tänkta sammanfatta allt nytt!

Boxart

Gameplay

Fizze Says!

Edge 267

Citat:

We visited Insomniac HQ in Burbank, California to be the first media in the world to play Sunset Overdrive as the studio explained how it intends to put the fun back into shooters – the game brings to mind Tony Hawk, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Prince Of Persia and the blue skies and bright colours of the Dreamcast era.

The cover story features world exclusive screenshots, art and details on how the game plays, how Insomniac is working with Microsoft to develop for Xbox One and more – we conducted interviews with Insomniac CEO Ted Price, co-creative directors Drew Murray and Marcus Smith, level designer Cameron Christian, character artist Gavin Goulden, art director Grant Hollis, and programmer and gunsmith Doug Sheahan to gain real in-depth insight into how the game is being developed.

Citat:

"Sunset Overdrive mixes platforming and shooting throughout, and places equal weight on both skills"
"We wanted to take the shooter genre away from cowering behind cover. You'll be rewarded for jumping over that cover and taking the fight to the enemy"
And its this that makes Sunset Overdrive feel new. If a trend is emerging at all from the new console generation, it's that wall running is the new cover, and attack is the new defence. We've spent the best part of a decade lurking behind bullet-chipped masonry. For Insomniac, it's time to come out into the sun.

Citat:

According to Insomniac they’ve finally begun to understand what they love the most, and that reflects in the tone of the game.

Sunset Overdrive mixes platforming and shooting, and places equal weight on both skills. Insomniac has never made guns this powerful. You can take out five enemies with one shot. The guns in the game play completely different from each other.

You’ll have to accumulate “style” before you fight some of the harder bosses. Some bosses won’t even notice you’re shooting at them if you’re at style level one or two.

The player can ride the city’s telephone cables from above or below, changing with a tap of X to avoid low bridges or enemy fire.

The world transforms at night, and so does the way the game plays. Sunset Overdrive promises to offer new ways to to deal with the night both alone and with friends.

Microsoft told Insomniac “We want Insomniac to be Insomniac” and allowed the developer to own the intellectual property, which is very important for the developer.

Xbox One owners will be involved with the decisions that will shape the game post-release.

OverCharge Delirium XT

Är själv sjukt intresserad av detta spel. Vad är eran tankar om det?

Visa signatur

Send me out... with a bang.

Permalänk
Medlem

Förhandstitt från Polygon

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Sunset är ett av spelen som gjorde att jag skaffade xbox one i början.. ser onekligen bra ut!

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Kuist:

Sunset är ett av spelen som gjorde att jag skaffade xbox one i början.. ser onekligen bra ut!

Samma för mig, gött att äntligen få se lite gameplay av det. Förhoppsningvis får vi se mer på E3.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Verkar intressant men jag tror inte det är värt $60. Känns mer som en $29.99 titel

Visa signatur

Core i5 3570K@stock||Asus Z77 Sabertooth||16GB 1600mhz G.Skill RipJaws X||5850 1GB||Corsair Force GT SSD 120GB||XFX XXX 650W||CM HAF XB||Opad Mk-85 MX Red||Win7 Ultimate Signature Edition signerad av Steve Ballmer

Permalänk
Medlem

Ser ut som Jet Grind Radio fast med feta guns och rosa zombies. I like.

Visa signatur

"I maintain nonetheless that a yin-yang dualism can be overcome. With sufficient enlightenment we can give substance to any distinction: mind without body, north without south, pleasure without pain. Remember, enlightenment is a function of willpower, not of physical strength." - Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, Essays on Mind and Matter