för alla med grafik korts problem

Permalänk
Medlem

för alla med grafik korts problem

Vet inte vika kort detta gäller, men iaf agp8 komplitabla radeon kort.
----------------------------------

so many many many people open threads about "card chrases" etc...
so here is a little guide for all angry people to look before opening a new thread (perhaps should go sticky )

card crash:
- try agp voltage in bios up to 1.7 (should fix 95 % of the problems)..try 1.8 if 1.7 did not function
- install all the latest motherbard bios
- run in agp 4x mode (powerstrip or even with the smartbus) (should fix chrases in 98%, I run in agp 4x mode, there is no certain perfomance loose and you don't have to set up your card to 1.7 agp voltage)
- uninstall ati drivers , then install directx 9, after that the ati cat 3.0 drivers
- minimum 300 watt power supply (even some guys have no problems with 250 watt, so it is a question of other components in your system)
- try not to share the power cable of the ati card with many other devices
- do not share irq of the ati card with other devices (seems to be a big problem especially with soundblaster cards)
- use no card on pci 1 slot (next to agp slot) , look in your motherboard guide which slot also shares irq with agp slot
- the ati card gets very hot, so you look if the card has enough air

-----------------------------------------

stutter problems:
- try to disable all icons in the tray (right bottom corner in default...where the clock is )
- try disabling as many programs as possible (use alt+ctrl+del to see which programs run in background)
- you can set with the task manager the priority of your 3d program up to high (causes some problems, but could also help)
- you can set the hardware acceleration in windows down a notch (fix stutter in 95 %)
- try disabling agp fast writes in bios (some guys say so , I have no certain results with it)
- execute smartguard and look if everything is enabled
- try changing "system" in the device manager from acpi-uni (default win xp, means a motherboard with 2 or more cpu) to acpi (one board with one cpu)..some people have success, some not (me inclusive )
- stutter in opengl is fixed with the latest ati drivers

----------------------------------------------------------

bad performance:
- see stutter problems
- antivirus programm in background?
- other heavy programm in background ?
- execute smartguard and look if everything is enabled
- many people are angry about bad performance in some games like battlefield..remember that perhaps your firwall or internet conection makes trouble

--------------------------------------------------------

the stutter in some direct3d apps is still a bug in the drivers and i think ati is working on it...

***Tack DonRayden***
***från rage3d*******

Visa signatur

Gaming: Epenis ++
Everything else: MacBook Air M1
Work: MBP M1

Permalänk
Medlem

Usch ja, får otäcka flashbacks när jag läser det där Överskattade skräpkort..(Eller möjligen skräpdrivrutiner )

Permalänk
Medlem

hehe jo

Visa signatur

Gaming: Epenis ++
Everything else: MacBook Air M1
Work: MBP M1

Permalänk
Medlem

Wow, dubbel särskrivning! Starkt jobbat, Uibi

Permalänk
Medlem