Regarding H100i and compatible fans.

Permalänk
Medlem

Regarding H100i and compatible fans.

Hi Corsair!

The H100i as a cooler is really awesome, but I got some persistent problems that does not seem to go away, no matter what I do.

My problem is that no fan, other than the two supplied ones, seems to work properly with the software/hardware controller a.k.a. Link 2. The only ones that works a little bit are my old case fans for the Fractal Design Define XL Case. Every other fan just goes into maximum RPM and just ignores my preferences in Link 2. I've read about this problem online, but no thread/site could direct me to a working solution. Therefor I've sent you guys a question via your main support site, where I mention these problems.

The fans I've tried are:

Noctua NF-P12 120mm
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1150, 1450 and 1850rpm 120mm
Antec TwoCool(P280 supplied fans) 120mm
Fractal Design Define XL Supplied 140mm
Silverstone Air Penetrator 120mm
Nexus Basic 120mm
Stock H100i 120mm

The unit is fully updated, as well as the Corsair Link 2 software.

If you can't specify which fans works/don't work, can you at least specify what to search for to find a fan that maybe works? Is it best with PWM, specs close to the stock fans, low speed, amperage, manufacturer etc.?

The Link was the deal breaker when I was looking into a new cooler(it was between this one, and the NZXT Dual 140mm LC), and it would really suck if there are not/will be any solution, because then I will need to return the unit for another working one.

Please make this work, and show us once and for all that Corsair is the way to go!

Regards,
Lukas

Visa signatur

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Permalänk

*Tråd rensad.*

Citat:

§ 1.6 Meningslösa inlägg som inte för diskussionen framåt är förbjudna.

http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/regler

Visa signatur

*-<|:C-<-<

Nytt namn, samma bismak.

Permalänk
Inaktiv
Skrivet av Deathdancer:

Hi Corsair!

The H100i as a cooler is really awesome, but I got some persistent problems that does not seem to go away, no matter what I do.

My problem is that no fan, other than the two supplied ones, seems to work properly with the software/hardware controller a.k.a. Link 2. The only ones that works a little bit are my old case fans for the Fractal Design Define XL Case. Every other fan just goes into maximum RPM and just ignores my preferences in Link 2. I've read about this problem online, but no thread/site could direct me to a working solution. Therefor I've sent you guys a question via your main support site, where I mention these problems.

The fans I've tried are:

Noctua NF-P12 120mm
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1150, 1450 and 1850rpm 120mm
Antec TwoCool(P280 supplied fans) 120mm
Fractal Design Define XL Supplied 140mm
Silverstone Air Penetrator 120mm
Nexus Basic 120mm
Stock H100i 120mm

The unit is fully updated, as well as the Corsair Link 2 software.

If you can't specify which fans works/don't work, can you at least specify what to search for to find a fan that maybe works? Is it best with PWM, specs close to the stock fans, low speed, amperage, manufacturer etc.?

The Link was the deal breaker when I was looking into a new cooler(it was between this one, and the NZXT Dual 140mm LC), and it would really suck if there are not/will be any solution, because then I will need to return the unit for another working one.

Please make this work, and show us once and for all that Corsair is the way to go!

Regards,
Lukas

Varför köper du bara inte Corsair's egna kompatibla fläktar? De är ju ändå just nu några av marknadens absolut bästa.

Permalänk
Skrivet av anon200213:

Varför köper du bara inte Corsair's egna kompatibla fläktar? De är ju ändå just nu några av marknadens absolut bästa.

Om du läser har han ju testat "h100i Stock" fläktar räknas inte det som Deras egna Kompitabla fläktar ?

On topic i do not own a h100i so i cannot answer your question

Visa signatur

I was in Hong Kong and this guy on the street was selling these dodgy-looking CDs labelled 'Rindows' and 'Frotoshop'.
Display driver uninstaller

Permalänk
Inaktiv
Skrivet av CitroFrukten:

Om du läser har han ju testat "h100i Stock" fläktar räknas inte det som Deras egna Kompitabla fläktar ?

On topic i do not own a h100i so i cannot answer your question

Och om du läser ordentligt så skriver han "...Other then the two supplied ones..." Vilket betyder att deras egna kompatibla fläktar fungerar, men inte andra. Vilket är "Working as intended" eftersom Corsairs fläktar är speciellt gjorda för Link-kylare.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av anon200213:

Och om du läser ordentligt så skriver han "...Other then the two supplied ones..." Vilket betyder att deras egna kompatibla fläktar fungerar, men inte andra. Vilket är "Working as intended" eftersom Corsairs fläktar är speciellt gjorda för Link-kylare.

Corsair har ganska många fläktar, och den enda modell som absolut fungerar är stockfläktarna SP120L, och dessa går inte att köpa löst i affären än. Både SP120 Quiet Edition och SP120 High Perfrormance har rapporter om sig att de inte går att styra i Link. Har redan köpt två Gentle Typhoon som inte fungerar, och jag gör inte gärna om detta.

Visa signatur

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Permalänk
Medlem

Känns ju som om det är din enhet som felar, så dem borde ju byta ut den kan man tycka.

Fläktarna som följer med H100i är INTE BRA, dem viner och rasslar väldigt mycket även med senaste firmware.

Permalänk
Avstängd

varför skriver alla på svenska han förstår väl inte svenska?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av zzcool:

varför skriver alla på svenska han förstår väl inte svenska?

Om/när han svarar så förväntar jag mig att han svarar på huvudinlägget först, och om det sedan tillkommit viktig info så kommer jag ta med det i mitt svar till honom, men du har rätt, vi borde skriva rakt av på engelska.

Blackbeard - We are just arguing about how the supplied SP120L works through link, but not all of the retailed SP120-series.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av anon200213:

Since we're gonna keep this in english for blackbear to be able to read i'm gonna write my response to you in english.

I currently have at my desk one AF120 fan from corsair and one SP120 fan from corsair, these are the only fans they are supplying at the moment and here's the kicker, they are not compatible with the h100i or the h80i coolers. This is also confirmed in my thread to corsair here on the forums, take a look and you'll see.

Permalänk
Corsair

With the V1.05 firmware the coolers should work with most PWM fans. You can submit an RMA request on the Corsair website to get the new 4-pin PWM versions of the Corsair SP120L fans too. I know some of you mentioned having issues with the 3-pin SP120Ls, but the SP120L fans are almost identical to the retail SP120 models, and are very high quality fans.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115836

Visa signatur