Life expectancy HX620

Permalänk
Medlem

Life expectancy HX620

So I have a HX620 that I've used since the spring 2007 and been extremely happy with. Voltages are still perfect and the fan has never made any noise what so ever, usual load is probably around 300W from the wall and Ive never seen it break 400W.

It's probably been running some 8h/day every day on average and I'm basically wondering how long I can expect it to last?

Regards

/Fredrik

Permalänk
Corsair

Impossible to say really, but if it's not running in a hot case and typically around the 300-400W level, there's no reason it won't solider on for a good while yet. I've still got a HX620 trooping on in a test PC too!

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

I'll keep my fingers crossed

Just retired my 6 year old Intel XBX2 Xeon 3060 system that was powered by my HX620 and put the PSU in my new i5 3570k build. Lets hope it'll last this new builds usable lifetime as well.

Gotta love quality components.

Just based on the PSUs performance 5 1/2 years of running so far I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Corsair PSU again.

Permalänk
Medlem

My HX620 has been running for more than three years now, the only problem being coil whine but it's been there since the start. I wouldn't afraid of using it for several more years.

Visa signatur

O2+ODAC - Denon AH-D2000
MiniDSP SHD - Emotiva UPA1 - Had Oy högtalare

Permalänk
Medlem

2019, my HX620 is still running strong