Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Rollcage - An In Win D-Frame Mini project

Rollcage - An In Win D-Frame Mini project.
I would like to introduce a project that I have been working on in the background for the past several years. I painted this D-Frame Mini 3 years ago in an Audi specific metallic silver and metallic grey with a clear gloss finish, then had to put it away in storage due to other projects taking priority.
It was not until recently that I had found what I considered the perfect hardware which were a perfect for this unique chassis. Namely the ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII IMPACT X570 with it's unique Mini-DTX form factor and the EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 240 D5 PWM D-RGB flat reservoir/pump combo.
The perfect storm had arrived, and immediately dug up the chassis from storage and got to work with modding the chassis to fit a 240 radiator into the motherboard panel, and have the FLT240 mounted to that radiator.
The next step was to choose a GPU. I chose the 5700XT TUF from ASUS, and had hoped that an EKWB full cover GPU block would be released so that I could get the GPU under water. Unfortunately the GPU never got a waterblock made for it. I decided to keep the GPU air cooled, so I followed some guides from some well known profiles who had come up with some fixes to increase the thermal performance of the 5700XT TUF.
Mounting the 5700XT TUF in the regular orientation meant that the fans were pressed up against the PSU panel, which meant that the fans were not able to breathe. The only logical step for me was to rotate the GPU so that the fans were facing outwards, which placed the GPU beside the EKWB FLT240 reservoir. A big shout out to fellow Swedish modder Timpelay who first had a rotated GPU design with his D-Frame Mini mod a few years back.
I hardmounted the PCIE riser directly to the PSU panel which holds the GPU partly in place. I then created a custom GPU bracket which mounted to the GPU and hard mounted that bracket also to the PSU panel. The GPU is extremely stable showing no movement when transporting the PC.
I had to then relocate the front I/O panel from the front of the chassis since the radiator now takes up that space. I created a custom bracket and mounted the front I/O just behind the GPU on the PSU panel where the GPU would normally sit.
Cable mounting was very tricky. I wanted the cable management to be as clean as possible. I wanted to cables to flow in straight lines. After a few days of working on solutions I came up with what is shown here. The 24-pin and CPU EPS 8-pin are routed on the backside of the motherboard panel, and the PCIE cables are routed behind the GPU. I created a custom panel that sits under the PSU which holds all of the extra cable in a tidy manner. I was able to hide/stuff any extra cables such as front I/O, fans, RGB etc. in this area as well.
I hope that you enjoy looking at this mod as much as I have enjoyed building it.
Specifications:
In Win D-Frame Mini - Custom painted Metallic Silver/Grey
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
G-Skill Trident Z Royal Silver RGB 3200mhz 16GB
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2
ASUS ROG Thor 1200w
ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII IMPACT X570
ASUS Radeon RX 5700 XT TUF GAMING OC
EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 240 D5 PWM D-RGB
EK-CoolStream RAD PE 240
EK Torque STC 12/16 Black
EK Torque 45 and 90 rotary adapters
Cablemod Pro Custom cables.
Sponsors:
AMD Gaming AMD
ASUS Republic of Gamers
G.SKILL
CableMod
EK Water Blocks
Inet

Besök galleriet här

Permalänk
Medlem

5/5 as always! Really nice, simple yet so thought through and well executed!

//Tobias

Visa signatur

| bequiet! Dark Base 900 | Corsair HX1000i Platinum | MSI Z370-GAMING M5 | i7 8086k @ 5000mhz | Custom EK-loop (GPU & CPU) | Corsair Veng. 32GB @ 3200mhz | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB | Zotac RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Asus PG348Q @ 100hz |
http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/13-konsumentratt/562661-grat...

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av =):

5/5 as always! Really nice, simple yet so thought through and well executed!

//Tobias

Thank you Tobias! That is nice to read!

Permalänk
Medlem

Your projects are always sick!
Good job. Wish i had a tenth of your creativity.

Visa signatur

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64 GB Ram | 7900 XTX | Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB * 3

Permalänk

Nice build but how many dust filters?

Permalänk
Medlem

Easy to build when its sponsored. ✋

Visa signatur

| ASUS ROG Crosshari VIII Dark Hero | AMD Ryzen 5950X | Noctua D15 Chromax | G.Skill TridentZ Royal Gold 32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14 | Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GamingPro OC | 2x WD SN850 1TB @RAID 0 + 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB @RAID 0 | Corsair HX 1000W | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | LG 34'' 34GN850 |

Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 II + Advance Paris X-P500 + Advance Paris X-A160
Klipsch R-115SW
Sennheiser HD650

Permalänk

That ladies and gentlemen is how you transform the styles and looks of a racing MC, and adapt for Desktop Computers.

Helt fabulöst snyggt!! 10/10

Visa signatur

Dator: EEE901 N270/ 1GB / 20GB SSD ... Kraftigt nedbantat/tweakat Win7 x86 for speeeEED!
Facebook användare? Hatar tidslinjen? gå med i denna FB-grupp:
Undo Timeline ...med lite tur får h*lvetet ett slut!

Permalänk
Medlem

Really nice!

@GarfieldPower:
So you think you get that craftmans skill just cause you are sponsored?
Have you seen his workshop and all the work he puts in?
Sure its easier to build when you are sponsored, but money cant buy you skill.

Permalänk

Lovely..... Just the cable management makes me feel quite inadequate,,,

Visa signatur

Civ. Ing. D ( LTH )
Hi-Fi & Hemmabionörd - redaktör på Faktiskt - Sveriges främsta Hi-Fi-forum
Hemautomation med Homey & HUE m.m.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Rospigg:

Really nice!

@GarfieldPower:
So you think you get that craftmans skill just cause you are sponsored?
Have you seen his workshop and all the work he puts in?
Sure its easier to build when you are sponsored, but money cant buy you skill.

I don't really see what is so special with this build, judging from the description all he did was a few custom brackets and repainting the case.

Visa signatur

| ASUS ROG Crosshari VIII Dark Hero | AMD Ryzen 5950X | Noctua D15 Chromax | G.Skill TridentZ Royal Gold 32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14 | Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GamingPro OC | 2x WD SN850 1TB @RAID 0 + 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB @RAID 0 | Corsair HX 1000W | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | LG 34'' 34GN850 |

Monitor Audio Platinum PL100 II + Advance Paris X-P500 + Advance Paris X-A160
Klipsch R-115SW
Sennheiser HD650

Permalänk
Medlem

@GarfieldPower: To be sponsored often means that one self does not choose what the build will be like either. What is the point of In-Win sponsoring if there is nothing left of the case that he started with?

The purpose of In-Win (for example) sponsoring is to sell more cases. If you show that you have to put a month modifying the case to get it badass that won't help you sell more.

I see what you mean though and kind of agrees but getting sponsorship to build things from scratch is harder to get I'm quite sure of.

One have to adapt to the market if you want bread for yourself and your family.

Visa signatur

Rgeek L65, hdplex 200w, 4650G, Asrock a520 ITX, Crucial 32gb 3600 cl16, Black ridge.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av GarfieldPower:

I don't really see what is so special with this build, judging from the description all he did was a few custom brackets and repainting the case.

Well if you just would have said that I wouldn't have quoted you. We a are all free to express what we think.

But you wrote that it's easy to build just because he is sponsored.

That was what I quoted you on.
And that's just wrong.
Money or hardware from suppliers can't buy the skill needed.
"Just a few custom brackets" wich I assume he made from scratch.
If this build isn't good enough for you to give him credit for his modding skills you might wanna take a look at his other builds. But they might also be to Meh! for you?

It's the same with all modding, if it's cars, motorcycles, boats or anything else. Sure its easier to build if you have providers, but to get providers you have to make a name for yourself first.

I think your comment was unnecessary as it didn't comment the build.

The typical Jante.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Lodisen:

Your projects are always sick!
Good job. Wish i had a tenth of your creativity.

Skrivet av lastninja:

That ladies and gentlemen is how you transform the styles and looks of a racing MC, and adapt for Desktop Computers.

Helt fabulöst snyggt!! 10/10

Skrivet av Nattlorden:

Lovely..... Just the cable management makes me feel quite inadequate,,,

Thank you everybody for the awesome comments. I am really happy with how my PC turned out, and it was definitely worth the wait for the right hardware to come out IMO.

Skrivet av Isakbiker:

Nice build but how many dust filters?

You might be surprised to read this but in my experience, these type of open cases attract less dust than a regular chassis. It is so much easier to dust off as well, since there are no dead air zones/pockets for the dust to accumilate. All I have to do is just blow with compressed air sometimes and it is dusted.

Skrivet av Emrik:

@GarfieldPower: To be sponsored often means that one self does not choose what the build will be like either. What is the point of In-Win sponsoring if there is nothing left of the case that he started with?

The purpose of In-Win (for example) sponsoring is to sell more cases. If you show that you have to put a month modifying the case to get it badass that won't help you sell more.

I see what you mean though and kind of agrees but getting sponsorship to build things from scratch is harder to get I'm quite sure of.

One have to adapt to the market if you want bread for yourself and your family.

Skrivet av Rospigg:

Well if you just would have said that I wouldn't have quoted you. We a are all free to express what we think.

But you wrote that it's easy to build just because he is sponsored.

That was what I quoted you on.
And that's just wrong.
Money or hardware from suppliers can't buy the skill needed.
"Just a few custom brackets" wich I assume he made from scratch.
If this build isn't good enough for you to give him credit for his modding skills you might wanna take a look at his other builds. But they might also be to Meh! for you?

It's the same with all modding, if it's cars, motorcycles, boats or anything else. Sure its easier to build if you have providers, but to get providers you have to make a name for yourself first.

I think your comment was unnecessary as it didn't comment the build.

The typical Jante.

Thank you for the positive comments regarding Garfields negative comment. I do not have to comment anything else regarding this issue as you both have cleared it up better than I could have.