Components to upgrade a young gamers rig

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Components to upgrade a young gamers rig

Hello everyone.

Story time!

I often receive emails and PMs from members of the swec community and social media from folk who want me to build them the best looking PC for little to no budget. Often due to time constraints and kr/h I only take commissioned jobs from large companies such as ASUS, Phanteks, be quiet! etc.

However, a young lad by the name Jonas contacted me recently asking if I could take a look at his PC for any possible upgrades. He had saved up his weekly allowance until he thought that he might have enough for a decent upgrade from his current PC, an old style Lenovo with i3 6100 CPU, a 3.5" HDD and a GT 720 with a budget of 4000kr.

He is just after a GPU upgrade as he wants to play everyone's favourite game Fortnite, but wished if there was any budget left over to have a new chassis with window, and RGB.

Now, we all know that performance should take precedence over aesthetics. but since Jonas wants to be part of the building process and learn about how his PC works, it would be great to surprise him with some nice looking parts as well.

So with this said, what I am after are the following.
1. GPU more powerful than his current GT 720. an Nvidia GPU like GTX780 and higher would be ideal. Preferably blower style cooler if possible.
2. SSD with capacity of 500gb for OS and some games.
3. Chassis with window
4. PSU
5. Motherboard to suit i3-6100 CPU
6. Better performing CPU

Number one priority here is to upgrade GPU and install SSD. I will spend the time to reinstall his OS and games before we do the upgrade process. Anything else will just be a bonus!

All suggestions are welcome, so just let know what you have to sell. Photos of his current rig are the ones displayed in this advertisement!

Läs hela annonsen här

Permalänk
Medlem

Hi!

Just as a suggestion, have a look at this chassi:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/6903039/kolink-horizon-rgb

I built a computer for my one my colleague's sons and I did it in that chassi. I was surprised. I don't think that you can find anything close to it in terms of looks and RGB fans included (even a remote to change colors). The build quality is 'good' as well, considering the price, a bit thin walls but overall good.

Her son was blown away

Good luck with everything!

//Tobias

Visa signatur

| bequiet! Dark Base 900 | Corsair HX1000i Platinum | MSI Z370-GAMING M5 | i7 8086k @ 5000mhz | Custom EK-loop (GPU & CPU) | Corsair Veng. 32GB @ 3200mhz | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB | Zotac RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Asus PG348Q @ 100hz |
http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/13-konsumentratt/562661-grat...

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av =):

Hi!

Just as a suggestion, have a look at this chassi:

https://www.inet.se/produkt/6903039/kolink-horizon-rgb

I built a computer for my one my colleague's sons and I did it in that chassi. I was surprised. I don't think that you can find anything close to it in terms of looks and RGB fans included (even a remote to change colors). The build quality is 'good' as well, considering the price, a bit thin walls but overall good.

Her son was blown away

Good luck with everything!

//Tobias

Thanks Tobias.

If we have to keep the current hardware, then I am locked to having a chassis with PSU above the motherboard as the PSU cables are really short.

If I can find CPU/mobo upgrade, then I have to upgrade the PSU as well, then I can look at a standard chassis.

Permalänk
Medlem

I know it's a bit old but I got an old GTX 770 2gb card that still works well. I could sell it very cheap if you're interested

Permalänk
Medlem

Just a heads up.

Fortnite is CPU heavy and not GPU heavy since you usually run settings on low for higher FPS.

Permalänk
Medlem

I have a corsair non modular psu of 650-700w that i can gift away if needed.

Visa signatur

5800x3D . 6900 XT . 16gb ddr4 . NR200p

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Flipper:

Just a heads up.

Fortnite is CPU heavy and not GPU heavy since you usually run settings on low for higher FPS.

That is amazing information, thank you.

Skrivet av edzy:

I have a corsair non modular psu of 650-700w that i can gift away if needed.

That is amazing to hear. If I can find a good deal on motherboard/CPU upgrade then I might take you up on that offer!

Permalänk
Medlem

I have a b450/2600x/16gb memory. Might also let go of the case its sitting in, Phanteks 350x with Rgb strips built into the case and a tempered glass window.

Might also let go of a 1 year old RX580 8gb card if wanted.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Olsson80:

I have a b450/2600x/16gb memory. Might also let go of the case its sitting in, Phanteks 350x with Rgb strips built into the case and a tempered glass window.

Might also let go of a 1 year old RX580 8gb card if wanted.

I'll send you a PM

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Jakobbob:

I know it's a bit old but I got an old GTX 770 2gb card that still works well. I could sell it very cheap if you're interested

Om inte ts är intresserad så kan jag veta nån annan som är i behov av ett grafikkort då det som finns idag luktar lite bränt och har hela 1,5 fläkt. Fråga mig inte hur men vore trevligt kunna ge personen en liten present där kanske. MEN det är om ts inte vill ha det

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Tobitheo:

Om inte ts är intresserad så kan jag veta nån annan som är i behov av ett grafikkort då det som finns idag luktar lite bränt och har hela 1,5 fläkt. Fråga mig inte hur men vore trevligt kunna ge personen en liten present där kanske. MEN det är om ts inte vill ha det

👍