GDPR brev från Blizzard

Permalänk
Medlem

GDPR brev från Blizzard

Tja!

Tänkte att nån var intresserad av vad man får för bullshit svar från Blizzard efter man begärt sina rättigheter enligt EU-lagar. Jag skickade först nedanstående mail.

I am hereby requesting access according to Article 15 GDPR. Please confirm whether or not you are processing personal data (as defined by Article 4(1) and (2) GDPR) concerning me.

In case you are, I am hereby requesting access to the following information pursuant to Article 15 GDPR:

all personal data concerning me that you have stored;

the purposes of the processing;

the categories of personal data concerned;

the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;

where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;

where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;

the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for me.

If you are transferring my personal data to a third country or an international organisation, I request to be informed about the appropriate safeguards according to Article 46 GDPR concerning the transfer.

[Please make the personal data concerning me, which I have provided to you, available to me in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format as laid down in Article 20(1) GDPR.]

My request explicitly includes any other services and companies for which you are the controller as defined by Article 4(7) GDPR.

As laid down in Article 12(3) GDPR, you have to provide the requested information to me without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. According to Article 15(3) GDPR, you have to answer this request without cost to me.

If you do not answer my request within the stated period, I am reserving the right to take legal action against you and to lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority.

Sen fick jag svaret:

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment (“Blizzard”).

We refer to your recent request made under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We would normally have up to one month from receipt of your request in which to respond. However, this time limit can be extended by a further two months where this is necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of requests received by Blizzard.

Pursuant to Article 12(3) of the GDPR, this email shall serve as notice that an extension of time for responding to your request is necessary because of the high volume of requests received by Blizzard recently.

We will therefore respond to your GDPR request, at the latest, within three months of the date we received it.

If you have any questions regarding this letter, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Data Protection Officer at DPO@Blizzard.com.

Sincerely,
The Blizzard Entertainment Data Protection Team

Kommer att skriva fortsättning när jag får svar. Om jag får svar.
Om det är någon som vet vem/vad som är ansvariga för GDPR upprättelse så skriv gärna kontaktuppgifter då jag sökt länge men inte hittat nåt stöd.

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag förstår inte vad det är som är "bullshit" med deras svar. De skriver att de kommer att ge dig uppgifterna, men att det kan tänkas ta tid eftersom det är mycket uppgifter och de har fått många förfrågningar.

Stavfel
Permalänk
Medlem

Jag förstår inte heller vad du menar, de säger ju att du ska får det men att det kan ta lite tid... De får ta upp till 3 månader på sig om det är så att det rör sig om en stor mängd förfrågningar som det faktiskt gör. Se länk nedan.

https://skl.se/ekonomijuridikstatistik/juridik/offentlighetse...

Visa signatur

-AMD Ryzen 1600 -Vengence 16GB -EVGA RTX-3060 OC 12gb

Permalänk
Medlem

Vad är bekymret? Gick det ej att hitta dessa uppgifter om du läser igenom avtalen? Anser du att Blizzard gjort dig någon orättvisa? Finns det någon särskild anledning till mailet?

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Permalänk
Medlem

@Gafvert:

Har du läst GDPR-förordningen? Eller har du bara kopierat ett standardmail?

Citat:

3. The controller shall provide information on action taken on a request under Articles 15 to 22 to the data subject without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. The controller shall inform the data subject of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay. Where the data subject makes the request by electronic form means, the information shall be provided by electronic means where possible, unless otherwise requested by the data subject.

Gissar att det här har att göra med Kina... Och att man någonstans blir uppmanad att göra det här.

Permalänk
Medlem

Kanske borde vänta 3 månader innan du kallar det bullshit? Verkar vara ett ganska standardsvar i mina ögon. "Vi skickar dig det du begärde inom 3 månader". Inget konstigt där.

Visa signatur

| Corsair Crystal 460X | Z390-F | 9700K | ROG Ryujn 360mm | RTX 3080Ti | ROG Thor 850W | Vengeance Pro 3200mhz 16cl 16GB (2x8) | 970 Pro 2TB + 2xWD Black 4TB | ROG SWIFT PG279Q | Arctis 7 Pro Wireless | ROG Scope Deluxe red silent | ROG Chakram |

Permalänk
Medlem

Och jag hade rätt.

@Gafvert har hittat det på reddit, eller via någon annan som hittat det där.

Citat:

Hey, so if this is the wrong place to post this, please let me know.I know a lot of people, myself included, are upset by Blizzard/Activisions spineless decision to ban Blitxchung. After personally uninstalling all of my Blizzard games, I thought, "what else can I do?". The answer, is GDPR requests. Let me explain.

Under EU law, you're allowed to request all information a company has on you, along with the purpose of this information collection. What most people don't know, is that these requests are VERY hard to comply with, and can often take a companies legal group 2-7 days to complete PER REQUEST. If a company doesn't get you the information back in 30 days, they face fines and additional issues. In extreme cases, a company can request an additional 2 months to complete the requests if there is a large volume, but suffice to say, if a company gets a significant amount of requests, it can be incredibly expensive to deal with, as inevitably they will have to hire outside firms/lawyers to help out. So, if you want to submit a GDPR request, and live in the EU, you can use the following form letter, addressed to the data protection officer for Blizzard (DPO@Blizzard.com) or Activision (activisiion actually has an existing portal)

Permalänk
Medlem

Ja, visst är det konstigt att ett sånt stort företag inte kan ge dig informationen direkt. Ett riktigt mysterium måste jag säga

Permalänk
Medlem

Om rätten att begära ut information används för att trakassera ett företag så har företaget rätt att tex ta ut en kostnad för arbetet eller helt enkelt slippa lämna ut något.

Och det här är ett solklart fall, @Gafvert, och andra, gör det inte för att få ut information, de gör det för att skapa problem för Blizzard.

Permalänk
Medlem

De fick ju många requests iom deras hong-kong grej av folk som gör det bara för att bråka. De får förlånga tiden och det var ju inget bullshit-svar du fick. Vänta du 2 (3) månader så ska du se att du får det du har requestat.

Visa signatur

Corsair Obsidian 250D | i5 7600K | Gigabyte Z270N WiFi | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | Corsair Hydro H90 |Kingston 8GB 2133M DDR4 CL14 | Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX DC2 OC MAX |

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Dakkie:

De fick ju många requests iom deras hong-kong grej av folk som gör det bara för att bråka. De får förlånga tiden och det var ju inget bullshit-svar du fick. Vänta du 2 (3) månader så ska du se att du får det du har requestat.

Inte bara det, folk som gör det i protest försvagar effektivt anledningen till varför GDPR existerar. Eftersom det kan användas för att trakassera ett bolag kommer motståndet mot liknande förordningar växa.

Blir kostnaden och problemet astronomiskt stort kan Blizzard lösa det enkelt: lås ut Europa från tjänsterna. Kina är trots allt en växande marknad som kan ta över den förlusten.

TS har inte varit uppriktig från första början, vilket innebär att jag fullständigt tappat respekten för denna person. Nu har det kanske inte varit fullt vrålande uppvigling, men det står rätt uppenbart hur man försökt påverka oss medlemmar.

Fult. Riktigt fult. Ett kortsiktigt handlingsförlopp som kan få långsiktiga konsekvenser.

Ärligt talat blir jag irriterad på sånt här. Var uppriktig med dina intentioner, för fan.