Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Chino Gaming - A dream PC for my friend

This project has been the toughest and most rewarding for reasons that are not so obvious. So some background history regarding this very special custom PC is in order, as it is very close to my heart.

My best friend Johnny Chino Boatswain had been diagnosed and was battling sever cancer. Everything was looking very positive for him as he was accepted for a trial treatment that would kick the cancer to the curb. With me living in Sweden and Chino in Australia, he asked me to make a trip back to Australia so that we could hang out like the old days, play games, talk shit, and build his ultimate dream PC with the MetallicAcid love.

Days before the flight, Chino fell very ill and was administered to the ICU. Our plans of geeking out fell through, so adjustments were made to our plan to accommodate Chino's stay at the hospital. I arranged to stay at my mother's house and build the custom PC for him, I would see him at the hospital when I could, and he would visit me when he was allowed.

Over the next 10 days during my stay, we hung out and built the PC as much as possible. I was able to complete this monster mod which was unique, dripped with MetallicAcid style, and was easily maintained by Chino. He was soon able to leave the hospital and live at home after spending 3 weeks straight of being in and out of ICU and doing tests. He was able to install Windows, and enjoy it!! <3

However, just a short while ago, we lost Chino to the cancer which he and his wife had battled for over a year and a half. I really wish I could have spent more time with him, and this entire experience has me rocked to my foundations.

I miss you with all of my heart mate. I am so glad and honoured to have had the privilege to have been your friend.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Besök galleriet här

Permalänk
Medlem

Nice work on the computer and I´m sorry for your loss, it´s a terrible disease:(.

Visa signatur

-------------------------------------------------------------------------System 1: Thermaltake Xaser VI, Corsair AX750, Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3 rev 1.3, Intel i7 2700K @3,8GHz, Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL10, Gigabyte Radeon R9 200 HD7950.

Permalänk
Medlem

That story makes me sad,,

Visa signatur

If it can't run Crisys its a calculater

The New Build The Torrent 2,0

Permalänk
Medlem

So sorry to hear about your friend. Lost one of my childhood friends a couple of years back and she's still in my heart and memory.

As trivial as a PC build may seem in the great scheme of things, I still like to think that this one made your friend happier and able to forget about his worldly troubles for a while. If it had been my hubby, I would have been very grateful to you for achieving that.

Keep rockin' those builds and love life! 5/5 <3

Permalänk
Medlem

im out of words, im really sorry to hear about your friend, i've lost relatives to cancer as well and it's an hard feeling to put in to text for anyone to understand, best wishes to you and a cool build with a deep story, 5p from me.

Visa signatur

Glöm inte att gilla bra inlägg!

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2060 6GB OC Gaming |
Fractal Design Meshify S2 (Blackout) | ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming |
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200mhz 16GB | Samsung 970 EVO Series 500 GB M2 | Seasonic Focus Plus 750W

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

This project has been the toughest and most rewarding for reasons that are not so obvious. So some background history regarding this very special custom PC is in order, as it is very close to my heart.

My best friend Johnny Chino Boatswain had been diagnosed and was battling sever cancer. Everything was looking very positive for him as he was accepted for a trial treatment that would kick the cancer to the curb. With me living in Sweden and Chino in Australia, he asked me to make a trip back to Australia so that we could hang out like the old days, play games, talk shit, and build his ultimate dream PC with the MetallicAcid love.

Days before the flight, Chino fell very ill and was administered to the ICU. Our plans of geeking out fell through, so adjustments were made to our plan to accommodate Chino's stay at the hospital. I arranged to stay at my mother's house and build the custom PC for him, I would see him at the hospital when I could, and he would visit me when he was allowed.

Over the next 10 days during my stay, we hung out and built the PC as much as possible. I was able to complete this monster mod which was unique, dripped with MetallicAcid style, and was easily maintained by Chino. He was soon able to leave the hospital and live at home after spending 3 weeks straight of being in and out of ICU and doing tests. He was able to install Windows, and enjoy it!! <3

However, just a short while ago, we lost Chino to the cancer which he and his wife had battled for over a year and a half. I really wish I could have spent more time with him, and this entire experience has me rocked to my foundations.

I miss you with all of my heart mate. I am so glad and honoured to have had the privilege to have been your friend.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Besök galleriet här

Lost my best friend to brain cancer 3 years ago.
R.I.P. Chino

Visa signatur

Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.2 Ghz - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
MSI B450M Mortar Max - Corsair Ryzen LPX 32GB 3600MHz / DDR4
Phanteks Eclipse P300 - PNY GeForce RTX 3070 8GB - Seasonic Focus+ / 650W / 80+ Gold
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB - Kingston A400 SSD 480 GB
ACER Predator X34GS - Nobelchair Hero Black Edition

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Sarakin:

Nice work on the computer and I´m sorry for your loss, it´s a terrible disease:(.

Thank you Sarakin

Skrivet av Tip Top:

That story makes me sad,,

It is very tragic. He didn't deserve to go through what he did..

Skrivet av serdyllon:

So sorry to hear about your friend. Lost one of my childhood friends a couple of years back and she's still in my heart and memory.

As trivial as a PC build may seem in the great scheme of things, I still like to think that this one made your friend happier and able to forget about his worldly troubles for a while. If it had been my hubby, I would have been very grateful to you for achieving that.

Keep rockin' those builds and love life! 5/5 <3

Thank you for the kind words! I am very sorry to hear about your friend passing on.

Skrivet av Farthinder:

im out of words, im really sorry to hear about your friend, i've lost relatives to cancer as well and it's an hard feeling to put in to text for anyone to understand, best wishes to you and a cool build with a deep story, 5p from me.

Hey! Thank you for the condolences. it has been very tough, so I can only imagine what his nearest family are going through.

Skrivet av Mangee75:

Lost my best friend to brain cancer 3 years ago.
R.I.P. Chino

Why isn't there a cure yet!? I am very sorry to hear about your best friend.

Permalänk
Medlem

Wow that was awesome gesture thank you for this thread!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av kooinan:

Wow that was awesome gesture thank you for this thread!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I am just happy that my niche skills and having the opportunity to hang out like old times made him extremely happy! :')