Permalänk
Medlem

Force GT 120Gb

Hi

Im running my brand new Force GT 120 on my GA-X58A-UD3R.

I wasnt expecting stellar performance since the motherboard only has the Marvell 9128-controller for SATA 6gb/s connections.
But the issues im having far exceeds my worst expectations. Im completely unable to run W7 from it.
Im currently running W7 off my F60B 2.0 SATA 2 port 0 and having the Force GT connected to port 0 on Marvell. Been running games and applications from it. Games such as FE3R and SC2 run smoothly, without any hiccups for hours.
What Im currently unable to do:

- Run AS SSD, ATTO or DiskMark without from time to time having the disk completely freezing.
- Install/Run W7 (freezing issues) Have completed an installation successfully once but it was completely unstable.

My perfomance speeds according to ATTO:
about 410MB/s read
250 MB/s write

related? :
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=96663

Please help!

EDIT: Now having reliability issues in random cases; starting applications and so on. Always when accessing the disk.

Permalänk
Corsair

Try some of the suggestions here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=510232#post5...

I suspect your SATA cable, so perhaps try a different / better cable.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

Try some of the suggestions here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=510232#post5...

I suspect your SATA cable, so perhaps try a different / better cable.

Thank you for your respond.

Just placed an order on a bunch of (four) "6GB/SATA III"-cables.

Didnt mention that I have tried installing W7 on a SATA2-port and then connecting it to SATA3 (marvell). I didnt go se well. The install was without any disturbances but the instabilities returned as I connected it to the marvell-ports.

Been reading in the thread and will give some of the workarounds a try after I got my new cables.

Permalänk

I my self just for a couple of days ago got my hands on 2 Force GT drives, i was experiencing freezing and was forced to reboot, on every reboot the GT drives wasn't detected in BIOS.

First fix i tried:
Turn of LPM

Tho i still experienced my second, and so far last freezing after this fix. What i did after that was the following:

Cable change
Installed Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers
And finally i installed more up to date chipset drivers.

I've now not had any freezing issues for three days (I hope I'm not jinxing my self now..)

Hope this helps!

Permalänk
Corsair

Thanks HappyBunny, I'll pass that on to the team. (y)

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Just to end this case: I sold the GT to a friend with a P67-board. No freezes, excellent performance and I got my money back.

With the money I then bought my second F115 and since last night have them RAID: ed.

With write-caching disabled.
I'm not displeased.

IMO the GT is a failure and that Corsair have failed in delivering an SSD with multiboard compatibility, as was intended.

Switching cables? Why not enclose an approved one from the get go?

Permalänk
Corsair

I'm glad you managed to sort something out - you're certainly getting some nice speeds!

We're looking at all options, including cables, as the quality of the connection is important to ensuring you get stable performance (as it in with many things). But also bear in mind that bugs / incompatibilities can be on the Storage controller / motherboard end too, so it's not always something we can fix.

But we are constantly working on it!

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

I'm glad you managed to sort something out - you're certainly getting some nice speeds!

We're looking at all options, including cables, as the quality of the connection is important to ensuring you get stable performance (as it in with many things). But also bear in mind that bugs / incompatibilities can be on the Storage controller / motherboard end too, so it's not always something we can fix.

But we are constantly working on it!

Yeah.. The likelihood of it beeing the storage controller is pretty slim. Tried both the Marvell and ICH10R, kept on freezing up.

But thx for your assistance!